Replacement Carb for Broken Stromberg UX-2

All of my hard work cleaning my carb was for naught. When I reinstalled it leaked. I could tell about where the leak was and tried to tighten the jet/plug to no avail. I took the carb back off and noticed a crack. When I took the plug out the corner fell apart. I have temporarily repaired it using JB Weld to bond the pieces, covering the area with JB Weld and then coated the entire bottom with gasket silicone. I have now filled it with gasoline and am letting it set to see if it leaks anymore.

I also started looking for what other carb will work since I am not giving over $600 for a new bowl casting and would be afraid of an old one. I found a Zenith universal on Ebay that should mount all right. It has 2 11/16ths centers and an 1 1/2 throat. I will have to change the fuel inlet line and some other mods to make it work. It is a

ZENITH BENDIX Updraft 2136016 Carb 9786D. Anyone had experience with this or mounted something like it?

20170614_202051.jpg

20170614_230354.jpg

20170614_230358.jpg

20170615_063802.jpg

Edited by keninman
Changed title for clarity (see edit history)

It was the repair that failed. It appears that the JB Weld did not bond well to whatever the carb is made from. It is hard stuff. I decided to clean off all of the JB and start over. This time I used a tiny grinder to rough up the metal but it is still hard stuff. I am also trying to only bond the pieces first then when this cures cover the entire area with JB Weld. I did this in one step last time. At any rate if the one I bought gets mailed today I should have it by Thursday or Friday. Hopefully there is not much wrong with it and I can have the car running again soon. I need this one so I can just get it out of the garage.