Can we talk mid-30s Plymouth for just a minute?

As I've already mentioned in my thread about my 36 D2 4 passenger sedan, the PO also had a "36" Plymouth parts car.  I got such things as the hoods, splash pans, starter, generator, carb, air filter, windshield, bumpers, and more from that car as part of my purchase.

Someone is interested in buying the Plymouth hubcaps and I want to be sure of what I have before I do anything.  While the PO *says* the parts car was a 36, it came with a Plymouth P3/P4 shop manual.  I guess the guy could have gotten a sweet deal on the shop manual and figured it would do the job for his 36.  Or this parts car could have been a 37.

I can tell you that the Plymouth windshield I got with my D2 does fit my D2.

I know that some of the forum members here have deep knowledge of the mid-30s Plymouths so I'm posting some pics of the Plymouth hubcaps that came with my D2.  The rectangle (okay, parallelogram) around "Plymouth" is raised while the "Plymouth" letters are recessed.  There's the embossed band that runs around the hubcap.  And the fact that there are no clips on the edges of the hubcaps.  The single Plymouth wheel I have *does* have clips riveted tot he wheel. Here are few pics of what I have.  What's your opinion on these caps?

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

Just from the photos, they look to be the same as the '36 Dodge caps from the rear. As you know, the Dodge wheels had 2 spring retainers riveted to the wheels and I would assume that '36 Plymouth had the same configuration. There are several subtle differences between the '36 Dodge and Plymouth cars as well as the'35's . I would say that these caps are from a '36 Plymouth. Try one on the Dodge wheel to see if it fits.They look to be in fairly good condition but they are expensive to replate! Just had my Dodge caps prices at $300-$400 each depending on the face damage! 

They might not be correct, but if they are shiny and fit, they will do a nice job of looking good in the interim, until you get the right ones. Only 5% of onlookers will care if it still looks good. And who can tell as you drive past?

The other side is that you have a nice set of cases to have reskinned with Dodge skins!

• Like 2