Juvenile Fiction - Hispano-Suiza restoration and rally

I read books constantly when I was a kid, and books about cars were my favorite.  'The Red Car' by Don Stanford fueled my love of MG TCs, a real one of which is now the pride and joy of an admittedly eclectic collection.  One that I remember reading but cannot come up with the title for was about a group of teenagers who take on the restoration of a classic car - I believe it was a Hispano-Suiza touring car.  The author went into detail on the style and fittings of the car, and the details of restoring it to include saddle-soaping and re-dying the leather upholstery.  I believe there was some sort of rally event as well.  Anyone recall the book and the title?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

I checked our collection and didn't come across a book featuring teens restoring a Hispano Suiza. I also tried playing around with some search terms to see if I could find the book online. Do you know what year it might have been published? What was on the cover? If your happen to remember the author's last name, that will probably be your best clue (though it sounds like the name is eluding you). Best of luck with your hunt!

Regards,

Matt Hocker