1932 Cadillac V-8 Engine Question

flackmaster

Can someone please advise me what year(s) the cylinder block portion of the engine will interchange with 1932 V-8.   Seeking replacement for LEFT side of '32 V-8 engine. (freeze cracks all the way through cylinder wall, NOT repairable)   If you happen to know of one, will buy whole engine if necessary....Thank you.

Thank you for the information and referrals - I am a Packard guy hunting for a very good friend, so I am Cadillac blind.  Vehicle is quite interesting, actually a sedan that was converted into a truck to transport and power a circus ride and is being restored as such (including the ride).  Still with the original family since the '40s.  That is, if a replacement engine/block can be sourced...  Target is to secure engine/components and some other misc parts by Hershey.   

Edited by flackmaster (see edit history)

This forum is the greatest place to hang around the cyber greasepit and have fun preserving old cars. Jeff just called me. His old friend Ted believes he has a couple blocks that will work for you.

A circus truck ? I was in Venezuela about 20 years ago. I ventured off into the misty heights of the Northern Andes , along a remote dirt road. Looked to be an adventurous alternative return route to Caracas. Neither the the ladies nor the  gentlemen at Universidad de Los Andes in Merida where I was attending a function had ever been on this difficult route. I inquired locally where I turned off , half said I could not get through. But the other half ? Good enough for me. Oh , it was remote , all right. Misty at altitude , this was the continental divide. All the humidity from the enormous Amazon drainage basin condensed in fog. Cresting this South American pass at somewhat over 13,000' , I looked down past a couple of hairpins and saw my first , and I think I remember it was the only vehicle seen between the turnoff and the tiny village I finally drove through. Of course I shortly overtook the truck and the small trailer it was towing. It turned out to be a one truck circus ! A one truck circus ! Wow ! That venue found an audience in these remote little towns where I imagine some people live out their entire lives. Strange and scenic , the entourage opened a real peep into the culture there , and what entertainment in remote rural U.S.A. must have been like at the dawn of the automotive age. The circus is in town ! Hey ! Sure beats T.V. ! (Did they even have T.V. back then ? Uh , I don't think so. Actually , trucks and automobiles were already quite capable by the time mere modulated radio came along. If you haven't seen that documentary , "Empire of the Air" by Ken Burns yet , don't let your beard grow much longer before you do so). I think  I may have a picture I took while passing it in some box where I put it 18 or 19 years ago. I suppose I will find it sometime , as unorganized as I am. It was a rather old truck then. It certainly would be AACA Antique now. Where DID I put that picture ? 

Flack' , I will send you info by P.M. which will help you get that circus rolling again. I know Ted will love what you guys are doing. He is a Past CLC President. Too bad circus here had to follow steam trains into history.  - Carl

P.S. Speaking of pictures , does your friend have any ? Back then, or now ? You know how we are.