part # for shifter light fixture??

riviadrian

Does anyone have a part # for the light bulb fixture for the shifter indicator on a '63? I broke mine when reinstalling my console. Also, do the metal pieces that hold it in place also serve as a ground?

This is one of the last pieces I need to finish my interior install.

Thanks!

-Adrian-

Hi Adrian

I converted my interior lights to LED, also the shifter indicator light. As I can remember, originaly there was a small connector welded on the back of the metal piece, from where it is grounded.

You could also use a "Snapp In" plastic light socket (with two cables) in same diameter of the hole... for that you must connect the ground cable to the welded connector on the back of the metal piece. You can find some of these sockets on ebay... 

Just be creative, there are a lot of possibilities to fix that problem :D

Regards,

Schmiddy

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is wicked. Have just ordered some LEDs to replace some standard globes, but your light strip looks wicked. The PNDLR on my 63 is not well lit with standard globes even though the lens has been cleaned. You just keep ticking the ideas box again?

Many thanks Eric

• Like 1

Thank you Rodney! I just try to be a bit creative :lol:

First I also tried to change the bulb with a "normal" LED bulb, results wasn't what I expected...  but as I've seen these LED strips, I thought this is it to give the same brightness to the whole shifter plate form top 'til down...
There are a lot of varius LED strips like the one I've built in. As example, check that link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Super-Bright-White-Car-COB-LED-Lights-DRL-Fog-Driving-Lamp-Waterproof-DC-12V-/291161780706

I took a bright white one.

Regards,

Eric (aka Schmiddy for my Riv mates ;))

Edited by Schmiddy
typo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kensunhid

I'd recently tried a LED Light Bar, which I ordered in Kensun and it was worth buying it. They are easy to install, I just connect it to socket. Some light bars have channel mounts. These allow flexibility with regard to positioning the mounting brackets, which slide into the housing channel. As example, you can find it on website, where I bought them, just check that link: https://kensunhid.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=218

Best regard, Erick.