1950 Commodore 6

Guest commodorestafa

Guest commodorestafa

Hello! I am new to this forum and i am just looking for some advice and wisdom from people that know more than I when it comes to Hudsons. Please leave any comments or questions under this thread.

So to start off, I received a non-running Hudson Commodore from a friend of mines father. It has not ran in 20 years but the only reason it was parked was because the clutch was starting to slip. Since then, it has not been started or moved. I have new wheels and tires to roll it out of the barn, but i want to know what everyone else would do if in my current situation. What should i do first? i want to do everything myself if possible and want to know what to start the project with and what is the smartest order to go about this restoration. Thanks for reading, please let me know!

Welcome to the AACA Forums!

This is certainly the place to bring your questions, but you might want to post them elsewhere as well.  (The larger the net, the more fish you'll catch!)

One good place, in addition to the AACA Forum, is the The Hudson Open Forum , which is an active place. It's run by the Hudson club (which you may wish to join, if you plan to hold onto this car). I know that you'll get a lot of good advice on reviving this car from its slumber.  You might want to get a photo of it ready, to post on the site.  Also, do mention the year. body style and engine (6 or 8 cylinder. and C.I.D. if known). It's also good to mention your approximate location; if there's anyone on the forum with Hudson know-how who lives near you, he may be willing to stop by and give you some first-hand pointers.

Guest commodorestafa

Thank you so much! It's a 1950 Hudson Commodore 6, 4 door, 4.0 262 flat 6 engine 3 speed manual transmission. And I'm located in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

IMG_0470.JPG