Headlight covers

I am interest in purchasing a pair of headlight covers for my TC.  Also if anyone has clear, detailed pictures I would like these.  I would like to see if some company could manufacturer these for us at a reasonable price.

From what I understand there was a person that was a member of the TC club that used to make them. I forgot the whole story, but suffice it to say they aren't available from him anymore. I do wonder if there are templates that he's be willing to sell/share?

I had the idea of maybe trying to find something like a tablet screen protector and making my own covers that way, however I haven't done any more than simply looking at sizes and found our headlights are pretty wide! LOL

At the moment I am using heavy duty clear packing tape and it seems to be holding up fairly well. I drove it ~5,000 miles last year (actually put the tape on for that trip) and have had it out several times already this year. I'm unwilling to test to see how it will do to a projectile (think like a rock) because I don't want to sacrifice any of my lenses (event he broken ones). I do expect that the UV will eventually break the tape and/or adhesive down and I'll have to re-do it, but it hasn't happened yet.