1957 1958 plymouth coupe wanted

** WANTED **   1957 1958 PLYMOUTH  COUPE   2DR ..  PLEASE PM  IF YOU HAVE OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING ..

NO INTEREST IN PARTS CAR OR COMPLETE RESTORATION VEHICLE   ..WOULD CONSIDER A PART RESTORATION CAR.. thankyou !

1957 fury.jpg

yep well aware of forwardlook.com &  the few i have found are customised or have  non factory matching engines ie 383ci & 423ci, 440ci etc   ..prefer factory engine atleast  ie: 301ci, 318ci ,350ci etc  .. distance is not an issue & im  patient . 

Mr. Coupe, have you had any good prospects yourself?

As an owner of an Exner-era Imperial myself, I've noticed

that when finned cars of this era come up for sale, they

sell readily IF (and that's a big if) they are reasonably priced.

Even though they weren't highly regarded in their day,

being highly susceptible to rust and having some

mechanical problems in their first years, they are

eagerly received today.

Many finned Chrysler-product cars have gone to Sweden.

One Swedish fellow I know said they were trying to round up

TEN 1959 Dodge convertibles for a recent Power Big Meet

in Sweden, though "only" six or seven of them appeared.

Sweden Power Big Meet 2.jpg

i have not come across anything presentable or in reasonable condition..most that do appear need total restoration or if they are in somewhat reasonable shape ..they have  non factory plymouth engines fitted ..i was hoping someone may know someone who knows someone that had one for sale or  find one in a classified AD in their local newspapers

maybe classified ads for sale in newspapers or in auto magazines is the way to go ? .. being that listing online isnt for everyone especially those whom are elderly & still have their  1957/58 plymouth in their shed that they cant drive anymore ??    or is that now old fable &  no longer applicable 

You can use Search Tempest and Claz.org.  That pretty much regurgitates all the papers and classified sites on the web.  You could also try a Wanted ad.  I blanketed a tri state area with wanted ads when I was looking for my Hudson Pickup and found one within 3 hours of me from one of those ads.  

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Coupe kid, you probably know to watch out for scammers,

who don't have such a car but will claim they do.

They'll describe it so it sounds great;  it will be underpriced;

they will have some excuse that makes it impossible for

you to come to see it.  Maybe it will be already packed at

a Google shipping warehouse (there's no such thing) and

the seller is working away from home on an oil platform, 

or crippled or disadvantaged in some way and just needs it sold.

Any photos they send you will simply be copied from some other site.

We want you to get a REAL one, and for the criminals to be jailed!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

You can pretty much eliminate the chance of a scam by asking for a few photos of something particular not already posted.  Watch when they do respond that other things especially not specifically photographed are correct.  I once inquired into a 59 Corvette.  Sounded pretty good and even a bit on the cheap side,  so I asked for extra info.  That seemed right,  then I asked for photos of the undercarriage,  which they provided as well,  Except the car they sent photos of had radial tires and the one in the listing had bias ply.  You could tell by the difference in tread pattern.  I think I noticed something else as well that made me step back and scratch my head.  

One will show up.  I would try a few wanted ads.  They are free in the Auto RoundUp and of course Craigslist and I even think Claz will let you post on their site. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2017 at 2:57 PM, coupekid said:

yeah ,, thats a pretty good find Auburnseeker    , nice work !! ... ; )  its just a shame it is a 4 door   :(       looks to be in nice clean condition too ..

Actually, for just about any car, 4-door hardtops are

much scarcer than 2-door hardtops.  People tend to

restore the top-of-the-line convertibles or 2-door hardtops--

the one or two models out of a model line-up of 10 or 20--

so the "rare" cars become common, and the "common" rare.

At a big show, with 200, 500, or 1000 cars, I wouldn't bother

even to look at yet another Chrysler 300.  But I'd go right over

to admire that Belvedere 4-door hardtop.  Wouldn't someone

give that poor orphan waif a loving home?

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

This one was listed last night on ebay.  Reserve has been met and it's in your price range.  I tried posting last night but the forum was having issues.  Atleast from my end it was. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Plymouth-Fury-clone/112523728585?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1958-Plymouth-Fury-clone

I was having some issues on Sunday and into yesterday.

Could not post anything,

Was there a grey shade where you wanted to type?

Seems OK now buy was making me crazy.

yes thankyou again friends ...Ive been  watching this aswell  ...    apparently this is a mopar mel  car from reading the listing .. & im quite skeptical about this fellows previous projects as are many others whom have dealt with him  .. anyhow`s  apart from what ive heard  ... this car has issues  too !! along being non matching #s  etc ...     not many out there with  orig engine which is a shame...   & its in Canada ..      lets see where it goes

• 1 year later...