Riviera wheel identification

39BuickEight

Hi everyone, I'm venturing into the Riviera section for the first time with a question for the experts.  My father's neighbor has a set of wheels that he was going to scrap. We are fairly certain they are for a 60's Riviera, but can someone tell me more?  What years are they correct for?  I assume they are worth saving?

Thanks!

Billy in Kentucky

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2916.JPG

15 x 6, 895 code, with the JJ bead ridge is for the rally wheels introduced on the '71 Boat tail (and available on other models starting that year as well.)  They ran up through '78 before the Riviera became front wheel drive and went to 4-3/4" bolt circle.  

5936f1cc885a0_Rivierarallywheelidentificationchart.jpg.6564034f7e6223571d1b2b533c1dd5d5.jpg

Welcome Billy

Those 895 series wheels are the easiest and least expensive of the group to find good used. A set of 4 with very nice chrome and little or rust go for around $400-$500. Driver quality with a tad more rust in the outer rim recess go for around $250-$300. The 895s are plentiful in decent condition.

The wheel pictured is in poor condition and at best would be a core for a replate. There is a chrome shop in CA that specializes in re-chroming them and last I heard it was around $235 ea plus shipping.

If you cleaned them up using steel wool and WD40 to get rid of rust and painted the inserts black you may be able to sell the set on craigslist for $100 ona  good day assuming condition of others is no worse than pictured.

What looks like the original red paint insert is interesting. Could be wrong but think the 1975 Riv had an option to have red wheel inserts. Perhaps that's what they were from

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)