Sign in to follow this  
West Peterson

Lyon Cover sidemount covers

that picture dosnt help me understand - what on earth is a   " LYON side-mount cover" ?  Anyone have any photos that would give us a better idea what we are looking at, and what cars have them ?

3 hours ago, SaddleRider said:

that picture dosnt help me understand - what on earth is a   " LYON side-mount cover" ?  Anyone have any photos that would give us a better idea what we are looking at, and what cars have them ?

A Lyon cover is generally a two piece metal cover for spare tires mounted in the front fenders of car - sidemounts (or on rear of a car) and they were made approximately 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, and 1932.  The company went on the make other automotive accessories.   They put their emblem on (see picture) some of the covers and if I recall it is about the size of a quarter (perhaps a touch larger than a quarter). 

I have found a person who is lending me a NOS emblem for which we can make reproductions (not the one in the photo above). The cost will be around $25 per emblem. If anyone is interested, please let me know so we can make enough.