Moldings on a 65

jframe

We have removed the short chrome belt moldings on my car that are just below the vent windows in preparation to fix accident damage and paint the whole car. However, the bodyman and I can't figure out how to remove the longer one that extends to the rear of the door and continues under the quarter windows. Don't want to damage these, so any help on how to remove before we just carefully mask these would be greatly appreciated.

On the front you would need to remove the door skins in order to get at the screws/rivets holding them on. On the rear you need to lower the quarter window all the way & remove the stops so the window goes down further. What I have done in the past. VERY easily pry up the molding at the front & rear about 1/8". Use something to hold them in this position. Same on the rear. It will get enough primer/paint under them for protection. OR, you could go through the complete removal process.

• Like 1

My best recollection is that on the rear quarter window pieces there are tiny Philips head screws buried in the 'fuzzy' stuff. 3 me thinks and 2 of them are accessible and the 3rd would be with those stops removed. IF they are not too rusted in place you can get them out with a little patience.

Steve

Edited by slosteve (see edit history)