Old Tachometer 1920s? motorcycle?

one-shot

Ask the www and ye shall find...

https://aeroantique.com/products/victometer-centrifugal-tachometer-type-b-us-navy-1920s

says this about the Victometer:

"Tachometer, Victometer Centrifugal, Type B, US Navy 1920s

This is a WWI or Post WWI-vintage aircraft tachometer used by the US Navy, Type B Victometer made by the Jos W Jones Co.  Can be seen on the Spirit of St.Louis instrument panel, see photo.  This is a centrifugal tachometer:  as the rotation of the engine shaft rotates a cable attached to the case, weights rotate around  an internal axis. The weights move outwardly due to centrifugal force, which pull a brace attached to the spring-loaded pointer. As the brace is pulled by the centrifugal force of the weights, the pointer is rotated clockwise, thus indicating RPMs. Very cool. "

What is the patent date etc. on the second one?

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

Pic one is my reference, same one as you found. Next two pics are the item I have in my possession. Look/size exactly the same except for face markings. I find no pat date, except for the 5 numbers on back. With out aircraft markings I suspect a car or motorcycle usage. I hope motorcycle. 

harold

The bad part is I don't know where or when I acquired it. I have some old plane stuff, WWII and before, but that is stored separate.

That's next on the cleaning out list. A limit of 2500 RPM is not much. It needs a home, so the quest goes on.

Thanks

harold