37 4dr study

Your part number is 265166 and they are available NOS from a number of vendors.  STudebaker International has them for $70.  It is the same latch as the right front and I'm a bit surprised that you need a rear as it is usually the more used fronts that go bad.  The spring is what usually breaks and replacement springs are available but it is a time consuming job to take it all apart to replace the spring.  If a used one would suffice let me know as I have some from cars I've parted out.  It would probably take me a few days to dig it out and get it ready for shipment - $20 contribution to Antique Club and freight if you want to go used.

This latch was used till 1949 on cars and maybe later on trucks so you might find one locally if someone has some parts cars or has parted some out.

Edited by Cowtown Commander
Added data (see edit history)

Thank you for your response, A used one would be fine. The spring that went bad is inside a factory rivietd part so a replacement would be much easier. Tell me where to send the money and I'll get right on it.  Thank you  Vern Enis