THANKS TO THE OLD-TIMERS WHO GOT ME STARTED!!!

Doug1414

About 3 months ago I bought a 1950 Special Deluxe.  Having worked on nothing older than 1961 I was in a bit of trouble.  Then I found this website and because of the people involved here (look below) I finally got my "NEW" car started today.  Runs just right.  I had squirted oil down the spark plug holes and turned it over for lubrication so when I started, OH BOY, I had forgotten about the smoke my plugs would have to burn off and did not open the window or the garage door.  I was fumbling around plugging in the garage door.  (Keep it unplugged as I had 2 fenders and a hood leaning against it) so the Keystone Buick Owner was meeting Smokey and the Bandit.  A good time was had by all and a neighbor even came by with a fire extinguisher.  LOL.  Anyway, thanks for the torque tube help and the starting issues help.  The car is primed and should be painted within a month.  Pictures will be presented.  Below are the wonderful people who saved me a ton of time by bringing their expertise right to my monitor:  jackofalltrades70, 1939_Buick, Aaron65, avgwarhawk, Daves1940Buick56S, Ben Bruce AKA First Born, JohnD1956, Beemon, Barney Eaton, leon bee,old-tank, and last but not least Bill Stoneberg.

What a great bunch of guys.  Can't wait to publish,

Doug1414

peedolomi@hotmail.com

• Like 13

For whatever small part I've played, you're welcome.  Remember to let your painter know of this incident.  It would be sad to hear of the paint peeling off cause of the oil smoke engulfing the car. 

• Like 1

Beemon's going to get there, someday, so he's "An Old-Timer In Training".  Funny how much smoke can be generated with "fire in the hole!"  Glad everything is going well and hope it continues!

Keep us posted on your progress and adventures!

NTX5467

• Like 2