Sign in to follow this  
Codyg1996

1972 buick riviera gas tank

Recommended Posts

I need to know where I can get a gas tank for a 1972 buick riviera all I can find are tanks with the filler neck centered and I need one with it to the left

20170524_151317.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't looked -- but I'd be surprised if anyone makes a new, direct replacement.  Rivieras simply don't generate the same demand as Camaros or Tri-5 Chevys.  You can also try "The Buick Farm" www.buickfarm.net.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EmTee said:

I'd be surprised if anyone makes a new, direct replacement.  Rivieras simply don't generate the same demand as Camaros or Tri-5 Chevys.  

 

 

I can vouch for that. I wanted a new one for my '65 Bonneville and searched for weeks and finally gave up. I found a used one in AZ but the guy wanted $300 plus $150 shipping so I passed. It was a small leak so I tried covering the hole with some JB Tank Weld which has worked so far but I'm only buying half a tank of gas at a time now. You can have it professionally repaired at many radiator shops so you might want to try that route. Good luck....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

 

I can vouch for that. I wanted a new one for my '65 Bonneville and searched for weeks and finally gave up. I found a used one in AZ but the guy wanted $300 plus $150 shipping so I passed. It was a small leak so I tried covering the hole with some JB Tank Weld which has worked so far but I'm only buying half a tank of gas at a time now. You can have it professionally repaired at many radiator shops so you might want to try that route. Good luck....

It's just too far gone to be fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trry this guy  218-326-0463.  i bought a new one for my 63 Bonne. less than $300.00. let us know how you make out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2017 at 3:24 PM, GARY F said:

trry this guy  218-326-0463.  i bought a new one for my 63 Bonne. less than $300.00. let us know how you make out.

He didn't have one thanks for your help though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are you located? Maybe someone can pick it up for you and bring it the BCA National meet in Milwaukee this July and you could meet and pick it up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spectra Premium GM40T - Spectra Premium Fuel Tankshttps://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-gm40t/overview/year/1973/make/buick/model/riviera

 

So this is a reproduction 1973 fuel tank, but they don't make a 1972 apparently. Is it totally different, or is just the neck in a different position? You could have a radiator shop relocate the neck to the side. I would be talking to the manufacturer on the phone to see for sure if they don't make a 1972, because maybe they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2017 at 11:28 PM, mike6024 said:

Spectra Premium GM40T - Spectra Premium Fuel Tankshttps://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-gm40t/overview/year/1973/make/buick/model/riviera

 

So this is a reproduction 1973 fuel tank, but they don't make a 1972 apparently. Is it totally different, or is just the neck in a different position? You could have a radiator shop relocate the neck to the side. I would be talking to the manufacturer on the phone to see for sure if they don't make a 1972, because maybe they do.

This is what I'm going to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this