water jacket ID wanted

plk

Yes, unfinished, 

I found out a year ago, the Dorman Products Co, made a line of water jacket covers for most makes. Those were steel stampings like stock, with perimeter holes.

Yours appears to have a tapered/wedge shaped channel.  The pump may have had a port up front to feed the big end, and there may have been nozzle type tubes pointing water between cylinders, then if so, the back end was sealed shut

11 minutes ago, plk said:

Size is 36 3/8" by 4 3/16"

Mine measures 32 x 5, for a 34 LaSalle as well as the same engine in 32-33 Olds 8.   These are fairly long straight eights...maybe classed as a "medium engine length"...but still a "fairly large" auto.

Is it possible that your 36" means a VERY large auto with impressive engine? 

If it came from a place you found it at, that has any other parts, or clues?  Like say at an estate guys garage, maybe old wall art pics of a big car?

It's NOT Pierce 8.  Dimensions of two separate versions (1929-32 and 1933-38, differences due to water pump placement) are 34-5/8 x 5.  And I do have an unused Dorman (stamped with their name) replacement in my stash, although I don't remember whether it's for early or later engines.  Pierce water manifold plates had much more radiused corners, and a diverter plate spot welded to the inside to spread the water flow evenly to all cylinders.

There is work to be done to this plate:  Drilling up to 40 mounting holes, using an old unit as a template, adding an inlet pipe at the appropriate place, fabbing and fastening a suitable diverter.