Have ya seen one of these before?

capngrog

I'm continually amazed at the various vehicles that have been built around the Crosley drive train.  They usually tend to "hook-and-ladder" fire trucks, and even an 18 wheeler.  I'd never before heard of someone building a bus using Crosley running gear, but here 'tis.  The condition looks rough, but the initial build quality (riveted skin etc.) looks to have been very good.  If you had this, I'll bet you'd be the only kid on the block with one!

The link:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-Crosley-One-Off-G80-/142390355460?hash=item2127206604:g:qjAAAOSw8HBZIdXP&vxp=mtr

Cheers,

Grog

I saw that on Ebay yesterday. Cute might be a good description.

The clown on the back made me wonder just how many clowns it would hold.

I can imagine working a food service in it unless I was about two feet shorter.

I sent the seller a note asking for didimensionsntions and he sent me this back.

"The bus is 175 inches long and 58 inches tall and 38 inches wide  and the 
Wheelbase is 92 inches"

It looked longer to me but being so narrow probably is why. He says 48" wide in the ad so I assume what he sent me was a typo since 48" would fit Crosley parts better.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:13 AM, capngrog said:

If you had this, I'll bet you'd be the only kid on the block with one!

Being a 'park bus' and looking at the size of it, it was meant to shuttle kids around.  Using a Crosley running gear would have been an economical way to do so at the time.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)

5 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Being a 'park bus' and looking at the size of it, it was meant to shuttle kids around.  Using a Crosley running gear would have been an economical way to do so at the time.

Craig

Ad says food service.

19 hours ago, JACK M said:

Ad says food service.

There doesn't appear to be enough headroom for an average adult inside, unless the proprietor was very short, or continually sat down while preparing the food.

Craig

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, 8E45E said:

Craig

My guess is that it was originally intended as a "park bus", and someone converted it to food service.  To convert something as small as this to "food service" just doesn't make sense to me, but I know little-to-nothing about food service.  All my cooking is done with a microwave:o.

Cheers,

Grog