ID tags

Grant , the 26 has it in a few places. There is a metal tag inside the right hand front fender on the outer side of the chassis rail and  it's also stamped in to the top of the left hand chassis rail by the battery. I would suspect the right hand tag is susceptible to over zealous sand blaster as its relatively light weight so it could be missing or even painted over given where it is.

If no one posts a photo of the locations by the time I get home I'll put some up for you later

I have the large tag on firewall.  Haven't found it on right frame rail as of yet.  I'll lift the floor board tomorrow to see if its near the battery. My numbers search on starter and such show some of these to be 1929.......likely over the years replacement being what they are....

Thank you Gentlemen!

Grant,

The tag on the firewall should give you the year and model of the car.  Next you will have the engine number to se if the engine falls in the year range. There was no "numbers matching" , "back-in-the day", as they say.

John Scheib

• Like 1

Grant,

If your car is a US car with steering on the left, the frame tag is on the left frame rail in the same location that Neil shows.    It is on the left on my 25-25   It appears as shown behind the braided front brake cable.  You should at least have 2 small holes in the frame where the rivets were if the plate is not there and someone has not filled the little holes.  About 1/8" diameter. 

In the Big Master parts book, Your engine ID plate number and the casting number 198334 indicate 1928 Series 120-128.  The only plate that will have the year is on the big tag on the firewall.  First is the year, 2nd 2 digits are the model.    Hugh

5926464fe7c09_2015-06-1011_39_33.thumb.jpg.6d810505880574a4afaff817b287462e.jpg

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 2