1963 Buick Special "Pinhead"

Pinhead63

5 hours ago, Pinhead63 said:

Its taken me a year to get to this point but i finally got to drive her to work man i was nervous

20180425_043831.jpg

Night shift? or full time nights? 

I only ask because I still remember , way back in the early 80's, driving at night when at an intersection I was surprised to see a car approaching quickly on the road to the right.  It struck me then that it was a car without side marker lights.   By 1980 I had become so used to side marker lights that it just did not occur to me that a car did not have them and I did not see the vehicle.    And I'm thinking with your car being dark color, and no side lights you may find a similar reaction among current drivers in your area.  It could cause some of them to react in a strange maneuver or two... 

But the 63 looks so at home in the lot, it's wonderful to see it!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well it was a busy weekend we got the Buick buttoned up and i only had to install the thermostat three times before it stopped leaking. It didnt take much and she fired up pretty easily and ran well. but for some reason after i turned her off to find a air cleaner so i could take her for a test drive when i fired her up again she ran like absolute crap. Im not sure what changed between the first and second start up.But heres some cool pics.

20181006_1324381.jpg

20181006_1442491.jpg

20181006_1440131.jpg

20181006_1450271.jpg

20181006_1501361.jpg

20181006_1530151.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/8/2018 at 11:43 PM, Beemon said:

Putting an Edelbrock air cleaner on a Holley carb? Something's fishy here... lol. Do you have a vacuum gauge?

Yeah thats the nicest air cleaner I have. I might paint it and put a Holley sticker on it. I do have a vaccum gauge

The air cleaner is going to change how the air enters the carb throat, so you need to tune the carb with the air cleaner on. Use a vacuum gauge, find max vacuum with the idle bleed screws and then back off maybe half an inch of vacuum. The other way I was taught was to reduce the idle to a speed where the distributor advance weights are not advancing and tune for max rpm with a tachometer, then back off about 50 RPM for best lean condition. Readjust the idle when finished. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
16 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

This suckers motor mounts were completely separated... Just held in by the radiator hoses. 

Too many smokey burnouts!  ;)