Need Help Sourcing a Part

Branded

I'm in need of a 72 Olds 98 Fuel Sending Unit Oring Seal. This is for the canister style sending unit, it is larger in diameter than the lever style fuel sending units.. Any leads would be appreciated 

Thanks for any help, Dave

Thanks Gary, haven't look at Hemings in years, seems everything is so easily found on the internet these days. Not so much for finding this seal. The seal - oring is 3.5" ID and is normal thickness like the smaller oring seal used on most GM fuel sending units. Now finding a book rack that still sells Hemmings .

Ok   After several hours of searching the Internet I believe I have found the elusive oring seal for the canister style fuel level sending unit. Gym part 3893116. 3 1/2" OD 3 1/8" ID 1/4" thick. Hope this helps someone else in a future search.

So, IF the sending unit "hole" is a different size, will that also mean the tanks themselves are specific to the use of the canister-type sending unit?

Reason this caught my attention was that a while back, there was a poster in the BCA forum that wanted that style of sending unit as that was what was in his vehicle.  All he could find for his model Buick was the lever-style.  No mention of it being a different diameter seal situation.

Just curious,

NTX5467