Vendor Issue

Wascator

Not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking for someone who lives close to repair shop to go retrieve parts for you?  Are you asking for legal advice?  In what city and state is the shop?

I would think a third party would be hesitant to get into such a situation, but if, for example, the third party knew the shop owner, then that individual might be inclined to help (hypothetically).......

I understand. This vendor seems reputable and I am not willing to harm them but I need my parts back and they won't answer the phone. I was hoping to learn if I should be more patient or forget it and move on. I would not ask someone to go to the vendor or otherwise intervene.

Where exactly in CA ? I must drive through there in a month or so. Maybe it will be on or near my way. As with most people , I have family and friends in that huge country also. Along with myself , some of them enjoy meeting people very much.    - Carl

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Wascator said:

. I was hoping to learn if I should be more patient or forget it and move on

My advice.  Run their name on google search with then a word like complaint.  Look for others with same recent problems.  If you find more, you have a problem

Reputable shops sometimes turn to bad things on rare occasions, and so many stories of  "lost parts",  "shop is gone",  or "where is my car?"

PS, no matter what, I cannot call a place reputable with no contact back to you.  They have NO excuse at all. Even If they are terminally ill, you'd still have found a way to let your customers know what is what.  Anything less is unacceptable. FACT

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wascator said:

This is what I think. I haven't a

offered a cross word in any communication but they discuss a two week turnaround on their web site. That certainly hasn't been my experience. 

In case my reply was not clear enough for what was "in my thoughts"...There certainly are cases where your parts are in no jeopardy whatsoever..  for unusual reasons... Do not be convinced that the parts are gone forever unless your Google search shows other VERY recent complaints of the vendor.

Edited by F&J (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Douglas
On 5/25/2017 at 3:50 PM, Wascator said:

This is what I think. I haven't a

offered a cross word in any communication but they discuss a two week turnaround on their web site. That certainly hasn't been my experience. 

Did you finally resolve the situation? If not please tell the name of the store and its location.