Research Help - Carrera De Canalas 1933 - Fernando Nery DeSoto - Argentina

stooy

Hi Everyone, 

I really want to build a period correct speedster and I have found a photo of I believe to be a speedster that was based off a 1930 DeSoto straight 8 which raced in Argentina in 1933 in the Carrera De Calans Race. 

Please see attached the Photo. 

I have a full spare running gear for a 1930 DeSoto 8, hence my desire to find more info on this car, but I can't do it without some more photos. 

Can anyone help me out here? 

Also some more details about the Carrera De Calanls would be great. 

Many Thanks 

Stewart 

NERY (1).jpg

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, stooy said:

Can anyone help me out here? 

Not to make an ethnic stereotype...but  SA peoples, and other Hispanics in my own area are very interested in vintage US autos.  I know I have seen some members who are in SA, but how would they see your request on the speedster site?   Hopefully one will, and it could lead to a "lead"..meaning he would start asking around in his country....AKA, "boots on the ground"

Just for comparison here is a similar car belonging to an acquaintance of mine. He built it up many years ago. Just for interest the other pic shows the location. Mt Cook Station (Ranch to those of you in the US), at the top end of Lake Tekapo in the South Island of New Zealand

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG