51 Buick inner rockers

51_Buick

I need to put new inner rockers on my 51 Buick 2dr special. Now i can only buy from what i have seen on eBay is rockers for a super or road master 2dr. If i got the super 2dr rockers would they fit the special 2dr? if not could they be trimmed down? 

20170518_181644.jpg

20170518_181652.jpg

• Like 1

Go to your local sheet metal shop and have them shear two pieces of 1/16" steel 6" by whatever length required. That's your inner rocker. Thicker and stronger than original. It will be too wide but after the outer rocker is installed just trim the bottom of the inner flush flush with the outer...........Bob

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

Go to your local sheet metal shop and have them shear two pieces of 1/16" steel 6" by whatever length required. That's your inner rocker. Thicker and stronger than original. It will be too wide but after the outer rocker is installed just trim the bottom of the inner flush flush with the outer...........Bob

Ok, thank you! 

Dang, any concern for that frame?

The rockers on the 51's must not have had much for drain holes in them or maybe they got stopped up easily. Here are some on a 51 that I drove to Atlanta to look at for someone who was interested in buying it.

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Dang, any concern for that frame?

The rockers on the 51's must not have had much for drain holes in them or maybe they got stopped up easily. Here are some on a 51 that I drove to Atlanta to look at for someone who was interested in buying it.

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

The frame on my car is clean, that's all undercoat pealing off. I still have paint on my frame.

• Like 1