Speaker Wiring

If I replace the all speakers in my '90 TC with new aftermarket, is it possible use the existing speaker wiring with the new speakers? I am having trouble establishing continuity from the speaker plugs to the black radio harness connector in order to find the correct pins.

Thanks Ghostly... The old thread from Digger is the one I was hoping for. I was really dreading the prospect of pulling all new speaker wires! Thank goodness for members like you and Digger, you came thru again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did it, replaced the all Infinity speakers with JVC's and Pioneer tweeters mated with an Alpine receiver. Thanks to Digger's post I was able to use the existing wiring with no problem. The only real difficulty besides learning how to remove the door panels, was installing the tweeters. The TC's tweeters are oval shaped and the Pioneer is square so I had to grind them to an oval shape which worked well! I had to be a bit of a contortionist to hook up the short wires tho! The only other things worth mentioning is that all my new speakers mounting frames were somewhat smaller than the original Infinitys, so I had to add small aluminum tabs  to make up the difference.  Also the soundproofing/watershield on the doors was very bad shape so I had to use a lot of Gorilla speed tape to hold them together! Needless to say I now have 8 Infinity speakers and a Infinity radio that I have no use for. If someone out there wants them they can have all of it for the shipping charge involved! The rear speakers and the tweeters are in good shape the door speakers show some light rust. The radio was working very well when I removed it!

Edited by Degerb
spelling (see edit history)