'32 Plymouth PB Sedan 4Sale $18,000/TRADE

$18000 /TRADE for Henry J

1932 Plymouth New Finer PB 4 Door Sedan: ALL STEEL ( only made for 8 months) Stored over 50 years , Updated drive train with 1972 Dodge Dart 225 cubic inch Plymouth slant 6 ( head has been redone with hardened seats)completely redone and automatic A-904 Torqueflight 3 speed transmission with a floor shifter. 12 Volt system with alternator, Chevy Nova rear end, seal beam head lights, tilt steering column, Power Assist steering, dual master cylinder power brakes and after market gauges. Has dual tail lights and turn signals work and has a Mustang radiator. All 4 tires are new from Coker, all glass is good and has a nice interior.Front seats 1930 Chevy, Rear Seat Original 32 Plymouth, Front bumper 1937 Ford from Don Garlett, 1932 Plymouth rear bumper, 1970 Chevy II Steering Column, 1932 plymouth front brake shoes 5 x 5"bolt pattern front wheels 5 x 4 3/4 bolt pattern (spacer 5" to 4 3/4)Rear wheels Chevy, Chevy wheel cylinders and Shoes, 1971 Duster Running Gear, 10 bolt chevy Nova rear, 1928 Ford pickup exterior /interior door handles, Coker Tires provided by Howard Sharp, toggle switches{3}(elect Fuel pump, amber fog light, radiator fan) 10" brake shoes. Mahoghany Banjo Steering Wheel added. Speedways Electric windshield wiper System added. Other pictures available *****WILL NEED REPAINT.....CLEAR/CLEAN 1932 Title*****

Youtube video Links (30sec. Each):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td5FRIwz2fQ&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87ipdfkCWk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPBXOsgzfw&feature=youtu.be

Sold "AS IS" No warranties expressed or implied

17154ED6-4D14-43C0-8346-48B7FEC321C3.JPG

C38A1EE4-7DC6-494D-8B50-35F0AF082FA4.JPG

D3CF2607-B8F3-4697-9552-3F2CA28316F7.JPG

B5809313-E064-49C8-A1AD-9062AD367163.JPG

DDF44ABC-7DA1-4E62-95B4-AFBDEBDFA1CF.JPG

C6E0A8CE-BFB2-4513-B4BF-2C0EF0DC3883.JPG

AE0F0048-D47C-49E1-853C-7B652FF7A583.JPG

6A5218DE-CC83-4DC9-A402-2A59330D893C.JPG

E42AB608-42FB-48DE-9416-FBE6DEE10E2B.JPG

2054F5CF-2C79-4423-8CBB-D3CCDB247AD4.JPG

F7D40B12-8E91-4483-9476-181FF5B48EFC.JPG

IMG_9677.JPG

Interesting car, still looks fairly stock until you open the hood, but the problem advertising it on this forum is that the majority of people here want ORIGINAL cars, not hot rodded nor modified cars.

You'd be better off advertising on the HAMB or other sites that cater more to modified cars.

On top of that, while this is a great forum for discussion of old cars, there are some indications that it's not an optimum place to sell a car in the first place.

I like this car, don't like the modifications, but at least it's not chopped and channeled, and some effort has been made to keep it more or less stock appearing on the surface.

I appreciate this car being advertised here. I'm mostly a pure stock guy but now in my older age (70) I'm considering a antique vehicle that looks very stock from the outside but has a better upgrade of drive-ability and not being over powered.  If it were closer to me I would like to look at it with the possibility of buying but I've learned over the years buying long distance is a gamble.  Wish you the best in selling. 

1 hour ago, Rande77 said:

Thank you Frank, a voice of reason has chimed in and I agree with you. Especially with a 8 month production run car with little if any parts available.

A comment that infers those of us who do our best to preserve pieces of history, as they were built, are unreasonable?

A lot of us think it's more "reasonable" to experience the cars as they were when made, with original running gear and equipment, with all the quirks and foibles that come with that.  Changing all the original running gear is, I understand, popular, but it rips the soul out of an antique car. 

There are lots of low production cars that are restored, and the argument saying the reason to modernize the running gear is because it would be hard to find parts is a weak one.  In fact, just BECAUSE it was a low production car is more reason to keep it original.

No one on this thread was really criticizing you or the car, just commenting on the fact that this is not the optimum place to sell such a car.  I guess I've criticized, now, due to the "voice of reason" comment....

• Like 2

Well, I used to be in the retail business, and learned an old adage that you should never aggravate an existing or possible customer, because that person has 200 friends who they can share their displeasure with, and each of THOSE people have 200 friends.

So, after my comments above, which I consider fairly mild, and again just pointing out the spirit of this forum, I get this message from Rande77, so I'll share it with 200 of my friends here:

"I'm not going to justify commenting on your response in public.

You are one of those guys with nothing better to do than say stuff on anyone's postings.

Do the world a favor and keep breathing the exhaust fumes, [y]our a &@?/€£¥ idiot. There's my comment"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frank Wilkie said:

I appreciate this car being advertised here. I'm mostly a pure stock guy but now in my older age (70) I'm considering a antique vehicle that looks very stock from the outside but has a better upgrade of drive-ability and not being over powered.  If it were closer to me I would like to look at it with the possibility of buying but I've learned over the years buying long distance is a gamble.  Wish you the best in selling. 

Frank, you are not the only one with those thoughts.  Back in 1985, while searching for some small part for my 32 PB conv,...(BTW... my 32 used to be a purple 1950s hotrod with an early hemi, and the guy I bought it from, nearly finished getting it all stock, and I completed it stock)...but I was also a rodder, tooo ...so go figure :))........., I was introduced to a 40-ish year old guy who had several stock 33-34 Plymouths since forever, including a sweet survivor conv.  His weekend "go to landfill truck" as well as his only truck, was a 33 Dodge pickup with stock wire wheels etc...so I was shocked when he lifted a hoodside.. 

It was a slant six like Randy's 32.  Back then he said it was such a simple and great swap, that he wrote a tech article for a national Ply club because some others wanted details.  I had always wished I had a 33 stock pickup, but I wanted it to be something like a 3 season daily driver.  His truck made me envious.  I think he did something to the axle ratio to complete the modern day speed needs.

that is the reason I pegged a "like" on this ad on day one, as I knew it would be a good find for a very unique person.

however, I am disappointed in what I just read in this thread as far as you know what.  Too much strife in the world already, I do understand things that are done to prewars... both then, and now.  And I also to expect this site to have an occasional reminder thrown in about staying pure stock.  That would/should be expected, but should not be a target for anger. 

I exchanged a couple of PMs with the seller. He supplied me some pictures etc.

Seemed pleasant to me.

After studying the car I think it would be a good start to maybe some brake and handling upgrades for the speeds we drive today.

So with all that in mind and the fact the its priced a bit high for a modified car I passed on it.

Maybe not that exact model, but there are similar running stock vehicles out there for less money.

With all that said, I still don't like it when a new guy gets jumped for being on the wrong forum.

I have several modified cars and most on here have seen some pics of them.

They are all fun.

I have been chastised for comments that I have made here, but its a good thing that I never remember who did it. (bad memory or just don't care).

Lets just enjoy.

• Like 1

Where did a new guy get "jumped on"? Trimacar's original post was polite and to the point. He didn't denigrate the car or the seller... just said that this might not be the best place to advertise it and that the engine/running gear ruined it in his mind. I had the same reaction.  That such a comment would elicit a highly defensive, obscene reply reflects poorly on the seller - not this site or the majority of people here. I don't particularly care for modified cars myself although I can appreciate some of the problems associated with the originals. In truth, I'm not sure it is even possible to keep a pre-war car completely "stock" if you are actually going to drive it. All sorts of minor modifications are often necessary just to keep them on the road. The line between unavoidable changes and "purely stock" is often quite fine and I'd rather see them working than rotting away. But, changing out the entire running gear to something from the 70s does, to my mind, cross that line, at least in the context of this forum. Having no interest in hotrods, I'm not a member of the other major site dealing with them but were someone to advertise a purely stock car there would they be welcome, especially if in doing so, they insulted the sensitivities of the hotrod world?

7 hours ago, JV Puleo said:

I'm not sure it is even possible to keep a pre-war car completely "stock" if you are actually going to drive it. All sorts of minor modifications are often necessary just to keep them on the road. The line between unavoidable changes and "purely stock" is often quite fine and I'd rather see them working than rotting away. But, changing out the entire running gear to something from the 70s does, to my mind, cross that line, at least in the context of this forum.

I agree. ...and to add; The vintage hotrod Hamb site and members allow an occasional bone stock "find" to be not deleted.  It is off topic there.  You restorers may not believe it, but in almost every single case, the entire comments to the owner is "please don't change it, clean it and drive the wheels off of it"

So, a very occasional slightly modded car should not really cause much stress here?  I agree that nobody jumped on the seller, it was just a "heads up" on this sites "on topic" venue.

• Like 1