1936 Oldsmobile hubcap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

greetings again just want to share some pictures of my 1936 Oldsmobile f36 coupe project found just north of Spokane Washington sitting many years in a car shedJust want to share pictures of my 1936 Oldsmobile f36 coupe came from chattaroy Washington up near Spokane a eye doctor bought it new in 1936

IMG_5963.png

IMG_7413.jpg

Apparently the brother of the owner began a project to painted in the early 70s had medical problems in couldn't finish it so it's at all the areas were half primed lot of medals stripped but left to rust again as you can see in the pictures

IMG_20200719_145832733_HDR.jpg

I derusted some Pontiac wheels almost like those with evaporust, using a metal garbage can as a container, The bottom of the can was just barely larger than the 16 x 4.5 wheels. It took about 6 gallons to submerge them. Not cheap but works well. I soldered the seams of the can, sealed the lid with weatherstrip, aimed a tiny heater at the can and let 'er rip. The wheels had been sandblasted, but rusted on the way home. The "tank" gets used for other parts now.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1