Aussie ROA Nationals Meet

fatbuick

30 minutes ago, Black River said:

You've got some real beauties down there!  I really dig the green boattail!

Perhaps Tony will tell you the story behind that one.  The last time I saw it in person it was in Flagstaff, AZ and it was not green.

I don't know who JohnRex is but you were obviously in Flagstaff because I have a similar picture of that day. It was so nice of everyone to help me replace hoses and master cylinder that day.

That green is a factory color called Lime Mist. It really suits the car.

The story about my boattail acquisition in 2006 is here: http://www.mako.com.au/buick/html/boattail.htm

You will also see a link to the restoration we did in 2007.

At our ROA Meet, Best of Show was the dark green 68 Riv owned by Greg and Geraldine Massey who are attending your meet in Reno. If you're going please make yourself known to them.

Susan and I had the opportunity to attend this meet.  We felt welcomed by all our new friends.  Seeing old friends and making many new ones was fantastic, the weather was perfect, the activities were fun, driving or riding a left drive car on the left side of a road is exciting, and our whole trip was very enjoyable.  We suggest if you can make it work, visit Australia and make the meet part of your trip. The next one will be in 2019, in South Australia.

Thank you ROA Australia and as always Rock On

gord

IMG_1916.JPG

• Like 1

we got there for the final day and it was awesome. 

that Lost in the 50s museum is a blast. always fun meeting new people at these get-togethers... cool barbie at the winery too eh, fellas

so many cool cars there - it reinforced that I want a '65 Gran Sport, if anyone has a lead....

unfortunately we weren't in a Riv, as our '65 is undergoing a restoration

pat on the back again for making the Riv meet so much fun, Tony, Barb and all the organisers.

....... and thanks for bringing my new brakes, Tony