A904 Trans 69 Dodge Charger Question

I was wondering if the forum could point me in the direction of technical experts on this trans. or quality rebuilders. I've begun disassembly of my 69 Charge towards a full restoration. in the 30 years i've owned the car my trans has leaked like a sieve and only gotten worse despite a new oil pan and several attempts to correct the leak / rebuilds locally. I'd like someone who know what they are doing to look at it and go through it to make it like new. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

5 minutes ago, 22touring said:

This forum doesn't really cover such "recent" models.

I think you should try the "For B Bodies Only" Mopar forum, since the Charger was a B body.  There are a lot of really knowledgeable people on there.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/widget-pages/home/

I agree with the B Body forum idea, however I disagree with the part about this forum not covering the 1960s cars.

Nearly all 904 (or 727) pan leaks are actually shift shaft leaks.

Take the shift shaft and its concentric partner the kickdown lever off and replace the 2 seals. I drop the pan and remove the valve body usually to do this. I think its easier. Here is someone who changed them from the outside without even dropping the pan: https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/580264/torqflight_727_seals.html

Brian,

Contact Hennie Jacobs at Greenville (SC) Transmission Clinic  800-639-5704 0r 864-246-6870.  Family owned business and he is a long time AACA member in the Greenville Chapter.

Glad to see you working on the Charger.

• Like 1