Good place/website to sell a 1934 dodge(s)

Guest jwnpghdodge

Guest jwnpghdodge

Hi all

My father and I started on a project, to restore a 1934 Dodge Sedan, but have lost interest.  We have 2 dodges, very much the same.  One was a frame off restoration but the car is not fully assembled.  Most body parts are painted and partially installed.  The interior is partially reupholstered too.  The running boards have been re-coated with rubber and all the chrome has been redone.   

The second (parts) car is an assembled 1980s novice restoration.  it has a good deal of rust (mostly underneath), but this car runs and seem to be intact. 

any advice on how best to proceed is appreciated.

Oh, we have quite a few extra parts, a few hoods, headlamps, a front fender, a rear fender, rims, handles and knobs.  I am in the process of documenting all the parts with pictures.  

thanks again.

John

4 hours ago, jwnpghdodge said:

My father and I started on a project

There are a lot of abandoned projects out there, many not advertised as they are difficult to sell apart, as things might be missing....that is the stigma attached to them.

Living in some areas of the country will be better, than others, to find a local buyer that has interest in partly assembled. A local buyer can look in person, versus expecting a long distance buyer to dare buy it blindly, and also spend a lot for shipping.

If you have a lot of "goodies" like chrome, and those runningboards, and other expensive things normally needed, that ups your chances to sell it partly assembled.  I'd sell the 2 cars separate, that way double shipping is not needed. And it lessens the mental stress placed on a guy who can't take both, or does not want both.

You must really take pics of each one of the goodies, and try to prove by pics that the car is complete, and then it looks like an easy project for them...... (and not needing to spend big bucks for those goodies that many projects don't have).  That is your biggest advantage over typical projects, focus on that. 

The quality of the work done on the cars will have a huge effect on what one is willing to pay.  The level of paint and chrome, the upholstery work and overall assembly are all factors.  How long have the cars been setting in their current state?  You would probably be better off finding a Dodge Brothers enthusiast looking for a project.  The Dodge Brothers Club would be a good place to start.  -place an add in the club magazine and on the website.  I would also place an ad right here with lots of pictures and detailed information.

The good news...

34s are a good looking car and popular, with nice styling and easy to work on mechanicals.

IF you have all the parts, new tires, good chrome and paint and material for completing the interior, you will score brownie points with perspective buyers.

The bad news...

Sedans are the least valuable body style.

The cars cruise at 50 to 55 mph.  Too slow for many folks looking for a highway cruiser.

A car that doesn't run and drive will turn a lot of buyers off.

If the cars have been sitting gathering dust for several years and haven't been proper;y stored, it will hurt the value.

You will never get even close to what you have in the car.  This would be true even if the car was finished.  Expect to get half what the finished car would have brought.  A nice, running, restored 34 sedan will be worth 15 grand at best.  Be prepared to take a deep breath when you're offered five grand for all your hard work.

This may be good or bad news depending on your taste in cars, but they are popular with hot-Rodgers.  This is bad news for folks like me who like them original.

Good luck, and I hope you find the cars a good home.