Carolina Roadmasters: Pine away no more Pinehurst

38Buick 80C

Well two Carolina BCA members had their Roadmasters accepted to the 2017 Pinehurst Concours. Both set off Friday separately for the roughly 100 mile drive from Charlotte to Pinehurst for the show on Saturday.

My Roadmaster made it 15 miles and started discharging. A voltage regulator swap didn't help so I turned around and headed back to the house and replaced the generator. The spare generator also failed to fixed the problem and quite literally went up in smoke. At this point I didn't feel like trying generator #3 and disappointingly called it a failed attempt, making me 0-2 on actually getting to the Concours I had been accepted to. At least I don't have to repaint anything this time. 

Anderson Pearson did make it in his 41 Roadmaster Convertible Coupe without incident and picked up some hardware for his efforts withe a Pinehurst Class award for American Classics Pre-War. Congrats to Anderson!

IMG_20170506_135725.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thriller said:

Man oh man...beginning to think the car is saying "I'm almost 80 son, give an old feller a break and let me ride".

LOL...

Buick's are meant to be driven...

besides all my money is in the car so cant afford a truck and trailer...or so my wife tells me.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

LOL...

Buick's are meant to be driven...

besides all my money is in the car so cant afford a truck and trailer...or so my wife tells me.

Sure you can.

Just tell her that if you sell her Enclave and Bemmer to buy the truck and trailer all of a sudden you will be able to afford it.

Of coarse you may then need a lawyer so you are probably right.

You have a lovely family, you just need to find your charging problem and life will be good.

Cal.

• Like 2

Thanks for the congrats Brian. It was good fun, but would have been a lot more fun with your '38 next to me. The judges seemed amazed that I drove the car to the show ('guess that's uncommon at a Concours.) 

You'll wow 'em next year for sure!

Anderson

073.jpg

• Like 1