Generator part needed

Had my 1935 35 Dictator generator checked out by a re-builder.  It is OK but the cut out is not working, his cut out replacement, would not work on the generator.  Generator is GCM4802A-4.  Any idea  where I can order on?  Ken, Deltaville Va  

Ken according to my Motors manual that generator was for the 1937 dictator. There were two types of generators provided. If it is a 3rd brush type then it needs cut out number CB-4021. The specs call for an air gap of .010 to .030. The point gap .015 to .045 .

If it is not the 3rd brush type then it needs voltage regulator TC-4302A.

There is most of the information for you Ken. Xclnt.

According to the National Service Data manual for 1937 Dictator 5A and 6A, TC-4302A is for GCM-4802A and it is of the "Two Charge type". It is a "cutout relay and current regulator (two rate charging control)". The cutout relay has the gap data as for CB-4021, given by Studeboy. The current relay contact gap is 0.005" minimum and the air gap is 0.045" with contacts closed. This generator was used as Special Equipment for a radio-equipped car.

Do you have a photo or two of your Dictator please? A friend has recently bought one, with the stick-on trunk and twin sidemounts, made in Canada. They seem to be rare beasts.

37Dictator_Generator_NationalServiceData.thumb.jpg.2ba71952d102292ef2bff28407ab7d54.jpg

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)