theterrym

1929 Chevrolet coupe

The original top mouldings are two piece. A channel nails down and then a cover is hammered over it. The underside of the trim has a dovetail and the channel sides bend over to hold it. I can send some pictures to you of it. I have two Oshawa built  1929 Chevrolets and am slowly getting the wood done for and yes they are maple and maple actually works nicely. My woodwork can be seen on my Facebook page "Automotive Wood Bodies".

regards

Motor is all back together and back where it should be. Hopefully it will be running in the next few weeks. I have the wrong fuel pump, but for now it gets the job done. I may leave it since this is how I Got the car and its part of its past. I have another question for the experts. What is the hole in the block near the back below the manifold? When I got the car it had a wooden plug in it. Im guessing thats not how Chevy designed it.

hole.jpg.494d2c6a36f64d42d3f0ff5200f05a21.jpg59ffb50ebf615_paintedengine.thumb.jpg.3ba7bd8f417c1e9c98a8838a16e8de9c.jpg choose files... Click to choose files 59ffb5a944ff4_paintedengine2.thumb.jpg.d13ee3227d0a05cfb60e819fde029aea.jpg

• Like 1

The 29 only had a crank case breather in that hole and I believe a pipe from the breather to the air filter. The are no holes or vents on the valve cover or push rod cover on the 29 either. If you don’t have the correct 29’ air cleaner, it can be hard to find.

Edited by chistech (see edit history)

As mentioned there would have been an oil separator/crankcase breather in that hole with a pipe to the air cleaner mounted to the carb. Without it you will have a buildup of gasses in the block especially if you have the early top pan with no vent holes. Finding these three parts can be very difficult and expensive if you do. By the way the correct air cleaner only fits the original Carter carbs. As this seems to be an early car it would have had a Carter 125S carb that has the short fat accelerator pump. You can use the later 136S or 150S carbs with the long accel pump but they are not 100% accurate. If interested I can check as I may have these parts available as well as a NOS 150S Carter carb. I also have various 136S carbs that need rebuilding.

Also with the fuel pump if it does not have the correct lever to engage the cam there could be fuel delivery issues to the carb or eventual damage to the cam lobe. It should be verified same as the proper pump.

Another thing you have the wrong cap on the oil filler tube.

Edited by Cabnut
add info (see edit history)