1930 REO ignition switch

Clouddriver

Just got this new ride 1930 REO Flying Cloud, was running when I got it. Trying to start after sitting a month had no spark, changed cool and almost had it going then the tumbler inside the ignition switch stopped working, found a locksmith that can rebuild but I can't get it off of the cable that attaches to the back. I got the clip on the end off but it just spins anyone know how to get this apart? Thanks in advance

IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5129.JPG

Looks like it is threaded up to the transmission. It's little tight to get some channel locks around and anchored every couple feet with screws and clamps. Want to avoid having to route it back or the locksmith needing it off regardless.

It looks like the cable and lock is an assembly. You say it goes to the transmission, is there a transmission lock?

You pried off the ferrule that was swaged on. Not a good idea. You will probably have to take the whole cable off at the transmission. One of us should look and see how it comes off. You are closer than we are.

I only pried off the cover cap, not the ignition from the cable was hoping for insight before I did. I originally thought it was like a model A pop out cable but after looking into it a bit, seems like a transmission lock, no idea if or how it works. My only true indication the switch itself was working before compared to now is hearing the electric fuel pump and the guages popping to life.