Chrysler Emblem Age Sought

Just received this today and what I thought was an emblem in nice shape now appears to be either N.O.S. or expertly restored to look like new OR it is a perfect reproduction. Do anyone know if this was reproduced and also is it possible to pin down the exact years this was used?

Howard Dennis

Chry 1.JPG

Chry 2.JPG

2 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

Here is a photo of the one for my 1926 Model 70. 

They put the six on the ribbon to distinguish the sixes from the new Model 58, a 4 cylinder car that came out late 1925.

001.JPG

Thanks 28 Chrysler, that at least proves it was used from 1924 till 1926.

Howard Dennis

1924 did not have the "SIX" on it to my knowledge. Here is a photo of a late 1926 parts car and the ribbon doesn't have the "SIX" on it.

The emblem style may have changed about the same time as the headlight bezels were changed  mid -year 1926. I would date yours late 1925 - mid 1926 

These early years there were many changes that took place throughout the Model / year production run.

chrysler.JPG

13 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

1924 did not have the "SIX" on it to my knowledge. Here is a photo of a late 1926 parts car and the ribbon doesn't have the "SIX" on it.

The emblem style may have changed about the same time as the headlight bezels were changed  mid -year 1926. I would date yours late 1925 - mid 1926 

These early years there were many changes that took place throughout the Model / year production run.

chrysler.JPG

Now you've really got me confused as you've shown 2 1926's one with and one without the six. I based my 1924 starting date on this video as I'd think they would know:

Howard Dennis