Periwinkle, anyone?

PWB

Ah Deja Vu! Somebody takes a clean low mileage well cared for Riviera, paints it a color that they saw

while on an ACID trip  back in 1968, spends a fortune making the interior the same hideous color, then they realize

when they get done that it makes them nauseated to look at the car  and they get laughed at when they take it out in public

so they put it out on ebay, sell it at a loss, then do the same thing to another nice 60's car. They may think that they are performing a service

to the collector car hobby when they do this but the reality is quite the opposite.Those have got to be the ugliest wheels I've ever laid eyes on.

I can appreciate a car with tasteful mods painted a normal color, but not this kind of concoction. One thing though, every time a nice clean babied

Riv gets the treatment like this, the value of the remaining stock original cars just went up some more, so perhaps I should be happy. This car and the car on

Jay Leno's Garage would make a nice matched set. (Of course this is just my opinion!.....................you asked!.....) 

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Well, I actually like the paint color. I think someone could refine that almost lavender type a bit more with metallic and come up with something really nice. Have you all seen the color lightning can sometimes get when it looks an illuminated purple? I mean this paint color is far better IMO than yellow, discount red, white, baby yak blue, or everyone-seems-to-do-orange. The interior looks a bit cookie cutter and obviously far worse than stock. However if you compare this interior with many other classic cars, and you don't compare to stock, its not so bad really. I think what I would have done would be to continued the metallic into the interior. Like when you look at the green interior of the Rivieras (66-67) and I am sure some others (I think some red and the aqua), they go with not just green, but it has that metallic also. Otherwise it just looks like a puffy, not so well done interior...to me.

Change the interior and wheels, and it'd be alright.  I almost bought this car http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Chevrolet-Other-Dynamic-88-Custom-Coupe-/381949624586?hash=item58edf8c10a:g:lBwAAOSwXeJYFNhC&vxp=mtr  at Barrett Jackson last year (for $16,500 by the way), but the purple in the interior was just too much.  Was beautiful looking otherwise, but the rear quarters behind the wheels are almost completely glass and filler.  In the end I decided it wasn't worth the pain and cost of the interior change, and the rear quarters would have eventually needed to be redone properly.  The color and the wheels together were very nice in person, and the purple looks similar to the Riviera listed.

17 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

IMHO, the pictures are too dark to asses the color.  As for the obvious mods (steering wheel, wheel covers, etc.): meh. 

:D

Asses - plural of ass

Assess - evaluate or estimate the nature, ability, or quality of

Are you sure that's not a Freudian slip on your part?  It would be on mine, that's for sure.  The whole thing reminds me of the van scene back in the 80's.  Perhaps it took the owner that long to bring it together. Or finally came down from that high he was on.

Ed