1908-1914 Weston Mott front & rear axles,cone clutch and flywheel. Photos

George Albright

Lot of photos,just ask. Bought in 2009 to build a brass era speedster then stored until now. My plans changed. Purchased all from brass era car great Lou Icciano of N.Y. Weston Mott axles were used on many many brass era cars, GM and non GM. Prices are what I paid Lou in 2009. 1908-1914 stamped Weston Mott dropped front axle. 2 inch diameter. Center of spring perch across to center of spring perch: 30 inches. End of axle housing across to other end of axle housing,where spindles bolt in: 50 1/2 inches. Needs to be soaked in kerosene to use. Spindles do not move. $400 firm;  Two identical circa 1908-1914 rear axles, shaft drive,Lou said probably Weston Mott, but not stamped W M Co. like the front axle is. One apart and appears complete,and one together. Axle tubes are 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Center of spring perch across to other center of spring perch is approx. 34 1/2 inches.The outer external contracting brake bands on the axle together are rusted beyond use. Appear usable on the axle apart or use for patterns.not a hard piece to replicate. Axle shafts turn on one together. I would soak both in kerosene for a week before turning bolts on them though.$900 both rear axles,firm . Don't want to separate.;  Circa 1908-1914 cone clutch and flywheel. Rare to find loose! New Kevlar lining at cost of $500. $600 both firm. Cone/flywheel outside diameter is 15 1/4 inches. Inside diameter at top is 14 1/2 inches. Cone/flywheel is 3 inches thick. Inside of cone area is 2 1/2 inches deep.  Clutch is 14 1/2 inches across,2 inches deep. Flywheel mounting holes on the back of it are 4 1/2 inches across,center to center. Both weigh approx. 40 pounds.Will USA ship all for costs,or store until picked up. .George Albright,Ocala,Fla.  cell 352 843 1624  weekdays 10-4 EST. email  gnalbright@gmail.com

frontaxlewestonmott#2.JPG

frontaxlewestonmott#3.JPG

frontaxlewestonmott#5.JPG

frontaxlewestonmott#4.JPG

frontaxlewestonmott#1.JPG

rearaxlewestonmott#1.JPG

rearaxlewestonmott#2.JPG

rearaxlewestonmott#3.JPG

rearaxlewestonmott#4.JPG

rearaxlewestonmott#5.JPG

coneclutch&flywheel#1.JPG

coneclutch&flywheel#2.JPG

coneclutch&flywheel#3.JPG

coneclutch&flywheel#4.JPG

coneclutch&flywheel#5.JPG

Just measured.l See photos below. The external contracting outer band appears to be 13 inches across on the complete axle. Then I measured the identical band that was loose off the other axle. It is 12 inches across. I suspect 12 inches is standard and correct,and the other one merely needs to be tightened. Honestly they both look identical. What is the chance that one is 13 inches and one is 12.  George

rearaxle#1.JPG

rearaxle#2.JPG

rearaxle#3.JPG

rearaxle#4.JPG

rearaxle#5.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hi George, I have got one of those too down here in New Zealand. Do you know what cars they are compatable with?  Its been sujested maxwell. There must be others? Im referring to the differential.

Regards Brendon

For whatever it is worth, the 1910 two cylinder Fuller (with Davis engine) that I used to have had Mott front and rear axles that looked a lot like these. I no longer have the car, so I cannot go measure them. I sure wish I did still have that car.

• 3 years later...