buicks for sale

garnetkid

These cars are not mine but belong to a friend who does not do computer "stuff".  His wife Marilyn does emails.  There is a 1923 Mclaughlin Buick model 23-54 asking $10,000 CAN  There is a 1939 Buick model 41 asking $40,000 CAN  There is a 1931 McLaughlin Buick model 65 asking 45,000 CAN and finally a 1924 McLaughlin Buick with a modern power train, asking $17,000. CAN  The cars are located in Osoyoos BC which is a dry semi arid desert in the south west part of the province just across the US border near Oroville Washington.  The owner Fred can be reached at 250 495 7579  or email marilynturner (at) telus.net   

1927-mclaughlin.jpg

img_1361.jpg

1937-buick.jpg

imgp0713.jpg

Edited by garnetkid (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Guest Tri-shield

I remember the border crossing at Oroville - Osoyoos used to be a 12' long 4' high swinging gate. The crossing was closed when the border guard locked the padlock and went home. I never asked who was in charge of the key, US or Canada.  

Edited by Tri-shield (see edit history)

The photos Lamar posted are of a 4 cylinder model 39 sport roadster with Truarc disk wheels. I like it. Photo below is of a model 39 at the Portland meet.

DSCF3241.thumb.JPG.3e967da10c0ced63ed9d0fd80f68e2fb.JPG

The first photo of the white car depict a 6 cylinder model 54 sport roadster. The photo is of the one I tried to buy in Vermont and later was a Bugle cover car.23-13.thumb.jpg.a7dbc288b908657c7de9eb9663c4e2de.jpg

Period Ad with the wire wheels.1923-Catalog-6-54_Roadster.jpg.546592be9bd3dc96ad33e2bbf35b4707.jpg

John:

I alerted Joe Kidd in MD since he has a model 39 he is working on with Truarc wheels. This what I wrote him.

Joe:

Lamar Brown {Mr. Earl} posted on a Buicks for sale thread these photos. Thought you would like to see what this car with Truarc wheels look like restored. I like it! Of course I would like the wheels to be the Chinese Red. Also to have the Burbank (tan) top.

It may have been a look alike model 39 made from a model 34. I would have to see the dash since it would have the white instruments and the walnut spoke steering wheel which it does not appear to have. It does have the nickeled radiator shell, the visor, but not the wind wing mounts on nickeled windshield stanchions.

Nice looking car none the less.

I still am anxious to see yours.

Best Regards:

Larry

• Like 1

On the white car it does appear to be have the proper sport roadster equipment. Not sure how McLaughlin may have allowed for a different color but not all white! 

Also, Paul Rose has an unrestored example of the 1923 model 54 in VA. I took these photos at Hershey 2011. Original top, upholstery and side curtains! It had a great write up in the AACA Antique Car magazine.

DSCF1269.thumb.JPG.844e3cfbb853e60b5ec1fd299d3c3202.JPGDSCF1270.thumb.JPG.5a004df103c00d208ddeb2451717c905.JPG

DSCF1271.thumb.JPG.4ad90e81b2472e71f7edcbbeb27c7c9e.JPGDSCF1272.thumb.JPG.ece327682a8d407c2ae2f760974002b7.JPGDSCF1273.thumb.JPG.8ad12bfdad749cc856c2f6c0e4821825.JPG

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The McLaughlin model 54 may have walnut dash.

I think the disc wheels in bright red look better, but I think they were orig maroon body color.

My 22-55 has Tuarc discs and under the axle flanges the paint is maroon.

I may paint them bright red.

John

22-6-55 Sport touring

• Like 1

aestorrs,  seventy years of buick book calls "the model 41-c the Special Convertible Phaeton which used a trunk-back style rather than the fast back used in 1938.  It was the lowest production model in the Special Series, with only 724 built for domestic sales and 106 built for export. It weighed 3,707 pounds and cost $1,406, and thus was also the most expensive car in the Special line."  It is a four door with the rear doors opening from the front.  Leon

Lamar:

Good luck with that. My wife was all for the purchase of the Vermont Sport roadster. I wish I had taken a photo of her when we were sitting in it. All smiles! But, it is not a little roadster, it is a big car! 124" WB on the model 54 compared to 105" WB on the model 39. Before we went to get that car I had a layout sketched out on the garage floor to make sure it fit as the bumpers added a foot or more to the length. My 1925 Master Touring with 120" WB and WEED bumpers front and rear fits comfortably with just enough room to walk around it.

Larry

• Like 1

Are these cars related to Bill Turner of Sylvan Lake?  More than thirty years ago I offered to buy the '31 unrestored and Bill told me no I don't need the money to which his wife, I forget her name, sorry, told him he doesn't need the car either.  If this is the same car well done.  The Turner's also had a '29 isn roadster running and driving.  Gary

Edited by cxgvd (see edit history)

McLaughlin may very well have done things differently than Buick in the US in terms of colours. That said, I don't know the details for 1923. 

Lamar, how big is that dog house of yours? You may need to let me buy that car instead especially since I don't need to cross an international border with it ;)B)

Larry, as far as I know the car is still available.  I have just tonight let the seller know that I can not purchase the car. It is a beautiful car and IMO is very fairly priced. My wife and I talked it over over several days and decided if it meant letting go of a '54 we just simply couldn't do it.

I did receive some pictures of the car and will share them as well as a reply to some questions I had about the car. I was never able to ascertain whether the color was the original color of the car however. Hopefully someone on the forum can go for it.

Here are the answers to your inquiries:  The car was found parked in bushes in the 60s’ by an old car buff who had restored over 100 old cars.He did nothing mechanically to it, just paint & upholstery,he drove it for years &  sold it after a marriage break-up & I got it off of that owner who also did nothing to it.  This was my first venture into restoration.  I took it all apart, checked everything,overhauled the works & replaced any damaged parts.  I got it on the road in the yr. 2000, showed it in many carshows & had fun driving it.  It has 3000 miles on it at this time & hasn’t been liscenced for about 4 yrs.,  I have too many other cars to drive.  The tires are all new then & are in good condition, there is no rust on it.  Upgrades are:the electric fuel pump, signal lights and I installed an air breather.  Everything else is stock, the car handles and runs really well.  Drive it to Georgia!!  I have confidence in taking it on long trips except it wont keep up with modern cars & its not a freeway car.  My reason for selling is:  I am 82 yrs old & feel I should start down-sizing. 

We called in to the U.S. Border  & inquired about importing it to the U.S.  All You need are the transfer papers & have to fill out a form #7501 which can be gotten off the internet.  Any car over 25 yrs old has no duty involvement & no inspections required.

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thriller said:

Oh man...life was easier when I was just thinking about visiting this car in Jawja. 

Now I have to tell She Who Must Be Obeyed about it. 

You better hurry before I change my mind. ;)  seriously, I can't believe someone here hasn't scooped this car up already. It could be a fun car no matter if the color is correct or original or not. 

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

You better hurry before I change my mind. ;)  seriously, I can't believe someone here hasn't scooped this car up already. It could be a fun car no matter if the color is correct or original or not. 

Seems to me the scooping of cars is slow lately.  You got really lucky on your heard in N. Georgia!