Sign in to follow this  
Imperial62

1991 Close to Me

Imperial62    307

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/6089380218.html

It's interesting (to me) that more 1991's are popping up in worn out, higher mileage project range.  ALL 1991's are collectible IMO because of the provenance, low production, one year only wheels and other improvements.  Each time Barney or Kevin or others point out the "numbers" on these 1991's, it's always "1 of 79" or "1 of 36" (making these numbers up, but hopefully you understand).  

I agree, the 1991 Reattas may never be collected for monetary value and the "1 of" concept has been beaten to death by the Galen Govier's, Marty Reports, and such of our fevered times, but still, the opportunity to add a few 1991's - and rare combinations of 1988-1990's is upon us. 

We all know the drop in registrations that has occurred in the past 3-5 years as many Reattas are scrapped.  What happens if no one buys these 1991's offered for $1000 to $1500?  They probably go to a youthful driver who will chase gremlins for a while, then give up.  They are then offered on craigs list for a couple of months. (Think - those ads done on a smartphone with no caps, no punctuation and a request to holla' @ me) before ending up in the U Pull It Yard, forever.

A cautionary tale....

00S0S_kniQGhLFOAh_1200x900.jpg

Barney Eaton    470

The car looks really nice.......I checked the database and it was added 10 years ago this month...at that time it had 87K and was in Michigan, the asking price was $8,750.

The car has been well cared for from its appearance and an average of 10K has been added each year..

If nothing else this is a testament to the longevity of the Reatta and the 3800 engine.   If you purchased a nice 100K car today, it could have another 80K+ of use remaining.

PS this car has no options and the sunroof is aftermarket.

• Like 1

Imperial62    307

Hi David:

It was last listed at $1000 or offer.  I suspect it sold for $750 to $800.  The ONLY reason I did not purchase it or any car right now is purely economic.  I want to clear out some debt and wait on my 2nd quarter commission bonus in mid July.  Then I will be a buyer for a Reatta or two. 

It had 188,000 miles or so.  That bothered me a little, because I was going to buy it for my daughter.  I actually saw this car in person about 4 months ago.  I was on a business trip and it was at a McDonalds across from where I was getting gas.

I walked around it, and noted the sunroof.  I then posted a topic/question on here that I think Kevin answered that all Reatta factory sunroofs had body color panels not smoked glass like this one. 

At the time I did not think the body on this one was too bad. Usual chips. 

David - you should buy that one on here in Ohio.  It is bone cheap, has had a lot of work and a few less miles, same price $1000.

David White    0

I would have liked to at least looked at it, and possibly bought it, but I think it was sold before I could find it. Sounds like an aftermarket sunroof, but to me I would prefer the glass roof