2007 Buick Lucerne Wiring Issues

Mudbone

Lol John did you watch the video? That happened to my mom's 08 Saab, rat droppings all over the top of the engine and a half way chewed hot wire, among other things. Good luck with catching it. Maybe stick some 20 gauge stranded wire and hood insulation in there? 

• Like 1

"Crank, but won't start" is the classic "failed fuel pump" symptom.  Unless there is about 53+psi at the injectors, you can crank all you want and the injectors won't "fire", even the throttle body systems were this way.  If "extended crank time", then a start, same thing . . . with a fuel pressure gauge hooked up appropriately, in these cases, you can watch the fuel pressure build slowly, then when it hits the min pressure level, the engine fires and runs.

Change the fuel filter, too, as that is a contributing factor as it can make the pump draw too much "juice" just to run, which can also compromise wires on the fuel pump module, negatively.  We used to see this a lot on Suburbans and such when they'd get to about 80K miles and no fuel filter change.

Dorman now has a pigtail to repair the melted harness at the module, or you can purchase a new module from GM for more money (and a warranty).

Advise of what you find, please.

NTX5467

14 hours ago, Mudbone said:

My videos must be getting boring, nobody even watches them anymore! Ha Ha Here is the problem…..

wantedposter.jpg

I saw the digital multimeter. A long time ago a friend told me never to use a tool smarter than me. I would get in trouble. I didn't take the link.

Can you do it with a Triplett analog meter?

I was scared.

Bernie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I saw the digital multimeter. A long time ago a friend told me never to use a tool smarter than me. I would get in trouble. I didn't take the link.

Can you do it with a Triplett analog meter?

I was scared.

Bernie

I had the meter out before I saw the damage. I normally start with a simple test light and go from there.

• Like 3

Don't put up the trap until it stays empty.  Dispatch those nasty tree rats!  They like house wiring too.  Don't give someone else your problem like some people did to me:  released some raccoons  on my property that tore up one of my dogs that cornered it.

• Like 1

Those friggin squirrels.  Ate my wife's uncle Dodge.  Every wire under the hood. Kind of his fault as he would throw peanuts out for them. Naturally the squirrels came in droves. They ate my strung up backyard lighting.  Ate a hole in my plastic trashcan.  I don't know what it is that attracts the squirrels to wires.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, old-tank said:

Don't put up the trap until it stays empty.  Dispatch those nasty tree rats!  They like house wiring too.  Don't give someone else your problem like some people did to me:  released some raccoons  on my property that tore up one of my dogs that cornered it.

I am on it. I transported a rabbit this morning on the way to work. Called insurance company. They said they would pay to have a new harness installed and fix the insulation damage. $100 deductible. If I was the only one driving it I would leave it alone but...........

• Like 3

There is discussion the insulation tastes good now, better than ever!

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/honda-s-soy-based-wiring-covers-irresistible-rodents-lawsuit-n504746

Note, not just Hondas are affected.

And you can get hot pepper electrical tape! Um um good capsaicin. But pricey....

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/04/how-to-protect-your-car-from-rodents/index.htm

One of the few pages I can read from Consumers reports, as I am not a member.

11 hours ago, Mudbone said:

Insurance adjuster came today. Looked it over, took some pictures. He was ready to leave when he got a phone call. Another squirrel attack 20 miles south! (I was glad it was not five miles west)

New movie...."The Day of the Squirrel"  

directv-attack-of-the-squirrels-large-3.

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have the car back from the dealer. New harness installed. I had them install a new driver’s side speaker as that it what makes all the chimes and turn signal audio. Insurance would not pay for that as they said it was not related. (Even though it all happened at the same time) Typical…………. Ma, ma’s happy!

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, old-tank said:

Perpetrators caught since wiring repair:

5- Squirrels- Deported

2- Raccoons-Deported

1- Possum- Deported

3- Chipmunks- deceased

• Like 4