Secret of the rear quarter window

rodneybeauchamp

Hi, have just spent an afternoon trying to adjust the LH rear quarter window on my 63 with power windows.?

Every time the adjustment is made so it works ok, the top of the glass scrapes the body belt moulding on the up motion, when adjusted so it doesn't scrape, it wants to bind.

I was hoping the right adjustment would stop the scrape but so far it has eluded me. Have lubricated all the guides and made sure the motor mounts are firm.

Shop manual gives a guide but it sure ain't working for me. Can someone shed some light on " the secret of the rear quarter window"?

Thanks Rodney

5 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Shop manual gives a guide but it sure ain't working for me. Can someone shed some light on " the secret of the rear quarter window"?

Thanks Rodney

I had to adjust mine as well. Is fairly easy but you must do it in small increments or you'll rip the felt sweep off.

I did not remove my glass. It can be done with fine turns of the top most adjustment screw.

Here is a link which depicts not the same but similar set-up as far as adjusting goes.

http://www.lategreatchevy.com/assets/pdf/lategreat/CONVERTIBLE QUARTER WINDOW INSTALLATION-ADJUSTMENT.pdf

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

If it's binding now with the interior panel off it's really gonna bind with the door panel back in   Do you have the exterior molding and fuzzy in place?

mount the exterior molding and with the window full up adjust the upper most forward points so the bottom of the glass touches the fuzzy. Then adjust the rear

to set your angle without up.  Then slowly incrementally lower the glass adjusting the lowest point of the track