Buick pictures you may or may not like

Elpad

That's what you call going green for the environment. Now all it needs is a Lithium battery sub frame that, when reaches the end of it's lifespan in 10 years, will be much more toxic for the environment to dispose than hydrocarbon emissions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/22/2017 at 10:06 PM, Beemon said:

That's what you call going green for the environment. Now all it needs is a Lithium battery sub frame that, when reaches the end of it's lifespan in 10 years, will be much more toxic for the environment to dispose than hydrocarbon emissions.

All of the carbon footprint traces from the manufacture of my '60 Electra and the '64 Riviera were incinerated in nuclear tests conducted since they were built.

Someone said those tests have been banned (shoodda got it in writing).

_59567766_jex_1373891_de27-1.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

I was not quite sure what to make of this Buick.  Everyone has their own idea of that they like.  It was entered in a show I attended. 

IMAG0173_zpsxbznlzrs.jpg

I think it needs a pair of side scoops to balance the hood scoops.  Nice how the port holes follow the wheel arch...  :wacko:

2 hours ago, EmTee said:

I think it needs a pair of side scoops to balance the hood scoops.  Nice how the port holes follow the wheel arch...  :wacko:

I feel awful for Reatta owners in this forum 

On 7/25/2017 at 4:10 PM, avgwarhawk said:

I was not quite sure what to make of this Buick.  Everyone has their own idea of that they like.  It was entered in a show I attended. 

IMAG0173_zpsxbznlzrs.jpg

The picture is a hoax. Check out the engine and wing tip above. There is no way it is a right wing car; total left, loaded with Ethanol and free of artistic restraints, probably has a self-published owner's manual too.

Bernie

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2017 at 3:10 PM, avgwarhawk said:

IMAG0173_zpsxbznlzrs.jpg

I'm wondering if the handicap placard in the windshield relates to the owners since of Style? ?

• Haha 1

Woke up this morning to this! Seems to be a random act of stupid vandalism (hopefully). A handy start to the day, broken glass everywhere. Paving brick was thrown with such force it damaged the trim on the other side of the car. Lucky insurance will cover it but it will be a wait for the replacement glass to ship here in Australia. Perils of owning a unique car. Late model Buicks are few and far between over here.

001.JPG

17 hours ago, BRB62 said:

Woke up this morning to this! Seems to be a random act of stupid vandalism (hopefully). A handy start to the day, broken glass everywhere. Paving brick was thrown with such force it damaged the trim on the other side of the car. Lucky insurance will cover it but it will be a wait for the replacement glass to ship here in Australia. Perils of owning a unique car. Late model Buicks are few and far between over here.

001.JPG

That sucks!  So sorry Rick!  Such a nice car too!

9 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

That sucks!  So sorry Rick!  Such a nice car too!

23 hours ago, Elpad said:

If they didn't take any visible valuables out of the Park it looks to me as a jealousy act.

Pity.

Thanks. Cannot think of a reason for a targeted attack. Nothing stolen, doors where not even opened. We will be anxious for the next short while in case of a repeat.

Jealousy is a probability but I am sure that anyone who understands our plight are more likely to look on us with sympathy bordering on pity due to this overwhelming affliction we all seem to suffer from (cars, parts, spares, tools etc.)

Best thing about this car is that my wife chose and bought it for herself. Another victim! Can prove contagious. Now she owns her own Buick (she technically also has the "64) I cannot be made to feel guilty for the rest of them. At least that's what I tell myself as I ponder the time and $$$ that my three upcoming projects will hit me with for my next few lifetimes!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elpad said:

Are the three upcoming projects Buicks?

Yes, all Buicks. Have a 1929 standard 25X Holden bodied tourer that I purchased as an unfinished project. Also trying to fit in a 1964 special coupe at the same time. Now THAT causes difficulties!

I have also in a fit of madness, bought a major project. A 1929 54CCX convertible coupe. Too rare and desirable to pass up.

Need more space....time....money....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was taken in 1969.  My Dad's beloved Golden Streak was rear ended.  He was at a complete stop, signaling a left turn when a stewardess in a Mustang plowed into the back end at 50 MPH.  According to the Police there were no skid marks.  It turned out very badly for her.  Mom and Dad were pretty sore but walked away from the wreck  The wagon did get repaired.  A testament to how tough those old Buicks were. notice all the glass was still intact.

Smashed Sportwagon.jpg

• Like 4