Sign in to follow this  
Ovalrace25

Just what is involved in this move?

I bought an original stock IROC Camaro in Andover New Jersey and have been trying to get it taken to Edison N.J. Google says it is about 50 miles. This is a running licensed car! Out here in Crazyfornia, I can grab one of my car buddies and go get it and be done in a couple hours. If I need to have my car towed, I call AAA and they do it as part of my membership. But since the IROC is not here in Crazyfornia, I have to call transport and Tow Companies--- they are asking $350 and UP to 450 to get the car to Edison. Am I nuts or am I missing something? Are there a bunch of toll roads out there? seems like $150+ and hour is a bit steep.

OH--- Forgot one more thing-- So Far THREE transport contacts that have said "we can do it" FAILED to show up. Yes, I know these guys are probably BROKERS that work off of U-Ship.com or Centradispatch.com  so I should expect poor follow through. I have even been told "this is off our regular route, so it will cost more" --- What, are these two places not on the map? I found them both and it looks pretty good to me.. 

4 hours ago, Ovalrace25 said:

I bought an original stock IROC Camaro in Andover New Jersey and have been trying to get it taken to Edison N.J. Google says it is about 50 miles. This is a running licensed car! Out here in Crazyfornia, I can grab one of my car buddies and go get it and be done in a couple hours. If I need to have my car towed, I call AAA and they do it as part of my membership. But since the IROC is not here in Crazyfornia, I have to call transport and Tow Companies--- they are asking $350 and UP to 450 to get the car to Edison. Am I nuts or am I missing something? Are there a bunch of toll roads out there? seems like $150+ and hour is a bit steep.

OH--- Forgot one more thing-- So Far THREE transport contacts that have said "we can do it" FAILED to show up. Yes, I know these guys are probably BROKERS that work off of U-Ship.com or Centradispatch.com  so I should expect poor follow through. I have even been told "this is off our regular route, so it will cost more" --- What, are these two places not on the map? I found them both and it looks pretty good to me.. 

You trip involves more mileage than the distance from the pick up location to the drop off location.

You have a " turnaround trip " - that means you need to hire a service near the pick up or drop off location to go both ways.

Your best bet is to hire a rollback to do the haul - there should be a towing service with one near the pick up or frop off location.

Jim

Door to door is pretty much about the same. And I have called two roll-back guys- One was a no-show- the other wanted crazy $$ to do it. And no credit cards.. I am not there to hand out cash, so I get suckered into a big ticket for being out here on the left coast.

call AAA tell them the situation they can probably steer you to a AAA contractor who will accept credit cards