capri power

Hello from Belgium

46 posts in this topic

What a neat little setup.... very cool :).

Welcome to the forum...

capri power meeting pics.jpg

2 people like this

15 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

a oui en effet vous êtes juste a la frontière :) 

en tout cas très belle américaine ;) 

je possède une Buick electra 225 de 1969 , sa fait plaisir de voir sa petite sœur ;) ( elle est en photo de sa restauration dans la rubrique " me and my Buick " / restauration de ma Buick electra 69 )

Beau project, Nice project...

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, D Yaros said:

Am interested in the terminology "Otto Kiss Hearse Trailer."  All of us on this  side of the pond know of what immediately comes to mind when we see the term "hearse."

In Germany at the old days its was commun to use a Hearse Trailer as a cheap way for a funeral (much cheaper than a real hearse). Why we have it?

With the Capri with a very small boot, it was not easy to go to weekend carshows, The Otto Kiss trailer was perfect for travel our camping gear + a lot of other stuff to.

10 hours ago, Storkey said:

No, Easter at home making a venetian blind for the Pontiac from old house cedar venetian from the local junk shop We had great weather down here on the wonderful Gippsland lakes over easter..

Cheers 

DSCN5156.JPG

DSCN5157.JPG

Nice well done. Looks very good on your car...

on next link the photos of Bendigo from Rattyrod en Jet http://capripowermeetingpics.weebly.com/asrf-bendigo-australia-15-apr.html

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Always liked the Mercury Capri. Had friends that owned one but I never did. Once all over the place, now haven't seen one in years

In Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany we don't many much Mercury Capri's

Always nice to see a Mercury Capri here

4 hours ago, JamesBulldogMiller55Buick said:

Thank You

Bienvenue !

(Je ne pas parlais Français, désole)

those are fine looking cars!

Forty years ago , my best friend had a 1974 V6 Capri. They are very nice cars. 

The Buick is nice,too!

The folks in the Buick (Buick Club of America) section of this forum would like to see your Buick.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, nick8086 said:

I found my pic from Belgium..

IMG_3538.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

Brussels, nice . Are Your parents from Belgium?

Our local rat rods in Gippsland Victoria... we have our share

1 person likes this

Welcome from TX!

Although "technically" part of the states, many Texans feel they are in their own country. 😂

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

Welcome from TX!

Although "technically" part of the states, many Texans feel they are in their own country. 😂

Texas is the only State that was an independent Republic before joing the Union in 1845.

Texas is the only State that is allowed to fly the State flag at the same height as the U.S. flag.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, JamesBulldogMiller55Buick said:

Texas is the only State that is allowed to fly the State flag at the same height as the U.S. flag.

I did not know that about the flag. Although I'm not actually a Texan, I admire this state's patriotism both for thier state and country and for the military as well. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

12 hours ago, capri power said:

In Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany we don't many much Mercury Capri's

Always nice to see a Mercury Capri here

They were sold as Mercurys here. Very much like yours except for the headlights. Sealed beams were standard required here then

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, capri power said:

In Germany at the old days its was commun to use a Hearse Trailer as a cheap way for a funeral (much cheaper than a real hearse). Why we have it?

With the Capri with a very small boot, it was not easy to go to weekend carshows, The Otto Kiss trailer was perfect for travel our camping gear + a lot of other stuff to.

Appreciate the explanation.  I learned something as a result.  Thanks!

1 person likes this

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:51 AM, nick8086 said:

I took a picture of this place.. I got back to the states .. My dad asked me did you visit your cousin ..  Let every body know what that is?? That is the place that our family is from..

The last picture the real deal.. It is better than a tucker..

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

Do not recognize the first picture, but have been to see the painting in the second picture twice.  Once when is was on the side wall in the gallery years ago and more recently when it was placed on a wall of it's own in the middle of that particular gallery.

What was suprising was the size of the picture.  You would thing the picture was 15"X20" from all of the pictures you see, but it is really only about 8 1/2" x 11".  The size of a piece of standard office paper.

Larry - The first picture is :

Trier, Germany's oldest city, lies at the head of the scenic Mosel Valley near the Luxembourg border. An ancient Roman capital, Trier brags that it was inhabited for 1,300 years before the Romans arrived.
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, nick8086 said:

Trier, Germany's oldest city, lies at the head of the scenic Mosel Valley near the Luxembourg border. An ancient Roman capital, Trier brags that it was inhabited for 1,300 years before the Romans arrived.

Thanks...

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, nick8086 said:

Thanks for the identification.

On 22/04/2017 at 2:02 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

What a neat little setup.... very cool :).

Welcome to the forum...

capri power meeting pics.jpg

Dad had a Capri here in Canada which was a sweet strong little runner.

Unfortunately, I used it for awhile and overeved it to which she dropped a valve! :o

Not being that popular a car, went for about 200 bucks back then....