Steelbreeze

Correct wheels needed; 47 Windsor

Steelbreeze    5

The wheels on my 1948 Windsor must not be correct. I bought what I believed to be the correct dog dish style hub cap with Chrysler script. I think it is a 10", and when I tried to put on the wheel it will not come close to snapping in place. They do have the clips but the size does not fit. I ended up purchasing a set of one piece hubcaps I believe for a 1950 and they fit and look good but ultimately I would like to get the 2 piece wheel covers that have the hubcap and trim ring. But I need the correct wheels to start. Is there a part number i should look for? This is a picture of my current hubcaps.

20170414_225016.jpg

1492532476373-284145654.jpg

1492532539258-66988115.jpg

1492532596533221718223.jpg

Edited by Steelbreeze
Wrong word (see edit history)

Rusty_OToole    405

How about a picture of the wheel? They came with 5 rivetted on clips to hold the hubcap, if they are missing the hubcap won't go on. Replacement clips are available.

Steelbreeze    5

As I stated in the post. The clips are on the wheels. But there must be variations. The hubcap I believe is correct it's my wheels that are wrong. EVEN THO THEY HAVE THE 5 CLIPS. Do you have a set that might be correct?

Edited by Steelbreeze (see edit history)

Joe Cocuzza    28

Can you measure the rims without the tires on them - across the rim edge to edge. 

Some of the rims were 5 1/2 and there were wider ones for the larger tires on the later cars. I believe they were 6 1/2.

I have rims from the Royal parts car. They came with the 10" hubcaps.

Let me know.

Joe

Steelbreeze    5

I can't unmount the tires to take a measurement but I did know these are not the wheels that originally came with the car. In the beginning it was in the hands of a scammer which is why I need some of the parts that I do. I would rather the wider wheels but it's not that crucial. I would need then shipped to 33009. Do you have all 5? Thanx

Joe Cocuzza    28

1st thing - what size tires are on the present rims?

2nd thing - I need you to measure the center hole of the rim(s). The larger rims will measure around 4".

The smaller rims - which I have - will measure approx 2 3/4". If your hubs are the 4" then my rims will not work on your car.

I do have 5 rims - all with tires on them which will need to be removed.

If the rims I have will work I can get one boxed and let you know the shipping costs.

I am still looking for the other parts, too.

Joe

Steelbreeze    5
On 4/20/2017 at 9:46 PM, Joe Cocuzza said:

1st thing - what size tires are on the present rims?

2nd thing - I need you to measure the center hole of the rim(s). The larger rims will measure around 4".

The smaller rims - which I have - will measure approx 2 3/4". If your hubs are the 4" then my rims will not work on your car.

I do have 5 rims - all with tires on them which will need to be removed.

If the rims I have will work I can get one boxed and let you know the shipping costs.

I am still looking for the other parts, too.

Joe

I will try to remember to do this tomorrow