1931 Auburn 8-98A Deluxe Phaeton

This car is ACD certified which means it has the original engine, chassis and body. A fresh restoration completed in October 2016 and shown at two Concours d' Elegance, one at Lake Mirror where it won best in class and the other at the prestigious Amelia Island where it got awarded a Amelia Award. The car is very correct, runs, drives, stops and shifts as good as it looks. Some photos attached, if you would like more please contact me. I would not be selling the Auburn but I found a rare 1930 Packard 734 Speedster and I need the space to restore the Packard.
Price $160,000
Richard
Ph. 386-295-7649
Email Rlamb10769@yahoo.com

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Curti said:

I guess I was expecting a two door boat tail .

Curt, that is because you have Auburn burned in to your mind.

"Speedster" in Packard terms means hopped up engine, high speed rear end and some special bodies that were sleeker than standard.

10 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Curt, that is because you have Auburn burned in to your mind.

"Speedster" in Packard terms means hopped up engine, high speed rear end and some special bodies that were sleeker than standard.

I do AJ, but I have seen what I would call a Packard two door speedster.  Maybe they were custom bodied back in the day.

The speedster bodies included a boat-tail, roadster, phaeton, and sedan I think.  So there was a boat tailed version, one of which brought 1.8 million bucks last summer.  Later on in 34 there were the pontoon fendered Lebaron speedsters of which I think there are 4 or 5.

Yes, it was Harry Van Iderstine car, it took me two years to get it. There are only two survivors, the other one is in the Gilmore car Museum. There were only 19 sedans made and it was the most expensive Packard in 1930, $6000.

i would like to hear from people here of want they think the value of this car is?

The attachment is the gas tank cover that shows what the colors will be, black and gunmetal.

Also the trunk rack finished.

Richard

1930 Packard 046.jpg

1930 Packard 049.jpg

1930 Packard 048.jpg

Edited by Rlamb10769
Misspelled (see edit history)

Packard did not advertise the Speedster per say. You had to be in the know to get one or even know they existed. They featured a "hot" mill, special finned exhaust manifold, high speed rear gear and finned brake drums for cooling. The Speedster sedan looks like it has a "chopped" top compared to a standard sedan. You have a wonderful automobile sir!