WTB ALF

Restorer32

I remember seeing them for sale at Hershey over the years, almost semi common. With the speedster craze fire truck guys started hoarding them. Once the new ones were cast, the price of good used ones went UP, as crazy as it sounds. Restorer32, there is a fire truck collector in  Houston who's name escapes me.........has BIG Seagrave and BIG ALF stuff- more than you could imagine. Sometimes he sells, other times he doesn't. Nice guy to deal with. Ask around the fire truck forms. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

7 hours ago, edinmass said:

Restorer32, there is a fire truck collector in Huston who's name escapes me.........has BIG Seagrave and BIG ALF stuff- more than you could imagine. Sometimes he sells, other times he doesn't. Nice guy to deal with. Ask around the fire truck forms. 

edinmass,

Is the fire truck collector in Huston or Houston? The only reason I ask is supposedly there is a large fire truck collector here in Houston that I am trying to track down... IIRC all of the fire truck forums are no longer active.

• Like 1

Send me a PM, my guy should be able to stitch that without too much difficulty. He pressure tests all his work to 30 psi when finished. He has never let me down, and done some remarkable repairs for us over the years. Ed.

That is the only crack we found so far. Engine was seized up because #5 cylinder had this crack and water had rusted the rings to the cylinder walls. First thing we will do is have the jugs cooked out and magnafluxed. Surprisingly the bearings are all within spec. Look at my other post to see the half a butterfly from the carb that was sucked up thru the manifold and wedged under a valve.

Ouch! that crack is not in a nice spot! Since it goes through the seat I would drill it, v-groove it and weld than machine the block for valve seat inserts if possible. (i.e. enough material). Is this on the intake or exhaust side? If its on the intake side (cooler) you might be able to re-cut the seat but the seat would include some of the weld which might not be optimal. The whole operation is going to require good temp. control - pre-heat the block and provide post-heat with a long slow cool down.

Edited by Terry Harper (see edit history)