What to use - under car / floor body

GarageStudios

All,

I am at the stage of my project where the body can be fully accessed from underneath, as I have the body off frame and mounted on custom racking. Allowing me to inspect, clean and prep before remounting to the frame. I am patching some spots, welding some replacement panels and soaking the areas that are hard to reach with rust converter etc...

What should be used on the underneath floor of the car? The section is clean, and dry with no sign of any undercoating.

What can be done to make the floor a bit more solid, should I add a layer of  Fiberglass with some added braces inside the car?

should I add a slim sub floor or paneling so the entire car is level for carpeting?

any and all suggestions welcomed, and thank you.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If your goal is simply to reduce noise and heat, there are a number of products like DynaMat that stick to the interior surface, or spray-on products like Lizard Skin.  These don't add any structural benefit, only thermal and acoustic protection.  Damping body panel resonances does make the car seem more "solid" however.  If you are actually talking about structural reinforcements, then I echo the other comments in this thread: why? Is there some specific deficiency you are trying to correct?

Hello,

the floor itself is fine, with a few spots where the previous owner riveted plates (transmission opening) where they were rusted out, I guess a welder was not available. My goal is to run a bead of weld where the plates are, and replace the old (sil plates?).. Otherwise the floor is good, but thin... I am going to put in a sub floor on top, then carpet, then install the seats. I just wanted to give the floor some extra support to last longer.

the second set of pics posted now show what was discovered today, after I saw the main section where the front seat attaches, it separate from the floor, and I do know that this looks bad, but everything can be fixed.. The door post has some good metal left, and I will weld it back onto the floor frame underneath, and the door plates will be replaced.

underneath, the floor panel where it meets up with the edge, has solid, clean metal, so it mostly a redo, of the door plates.

what should I use underneath to protect the metal floor, coat it with a strong sealant?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg