47 Windsor Correct Wheels Needed

The wheels on my 1948 Windsor must not be correct. I bought what I believed to be the correct dog dish style hub cap with Chrysler script. I think it is a 10", and when I tried to put on the wheel it will not come close to snapping in place. They do have the clips but the size seems invited. I ended up purchasing a set of one piece hubcaps for a 1950 and they fit and look good but ultimately I would like to get the 2 piece wheel covers that have the hubcap and trim ring. But I need the correct wheels to start. Is there a part number i should look for? This is a picture of my current hubcaps.

20170414_225016.jpg

Edited by Steelbreeze
Forgot picture (see edit history)

• 3 years later...

I'm bumping this old question in case someone has any new info I could use. Or even has the correct hub/trim ring combo for sale for my 47 Windsor club coupe. Hope to have on the road soon. No one in south Florida's I can find has a clue about my car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

There was a change in wheel size in late 47 if I remember correctly.  If I was at my parts book I could tell you the serial number of exactly when they switched.  

Do you have a 47 or 48?  The title of your post says 47 but the text says you have a 48.  

I have a parts car that has the older wheel style and I dont think I need them for my 48.  If you need the older ones and have the newer size, perhaps we could swap. 

However, I might be a little confused by the pictures.  It looks like you have the 49 hubcaps like I do.  They fit on my 48 by the clips squeezing into the outer portion of the rim.  They don't use the clips meant for the dog dish hubcaps.  I would think that yours would fit too.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 12:05 AM, christianad1156 said:

There was a change in wheel size in late 47 if I remember correctly.  If I was at my parts book I could tell you the serial number of exactly when they switched.  

Do you have a 47 or 48?  The title of your post says 47 but the text says you have a 48.  

I have a parts car that has the older wheel style and I dont think I need them for my 48.  If you need the older ones and have the newer size, perhaps we could swap. 

However, I might be a little confused by the pictures.  It looks like you have the 49 hubcaps like I do.  They fit on my 48 by the clips squeezing into the outer portion of the rim.  They don't use the clips meant for the dog dish hubcaps.  I would think that yours would fit too.

47. In text was a reference.