90 Reatta convertible trunk carpet

Guest loupet

Guest loupet

Hi guys, hope all is well out there. I know this item is no longer available. I hope someone may have an extra used trunk carpet or lining in that gray color in good shape that they no longer need. If so, please let me know. Thanks 

Guest loupet

Thanks Dave, I'm looking for the trunk lining or carpet in the convertible top compartment. It matches the trunk lining. It's a thin like carpet material.

Guest loupet

I guess I can go to a local junk yard and, get it from a different GM car from around that year and, cut it to what I need.

Do you need the piece that goes on the trunk floor, or one of the side pieces? The floor piece could probably be made easily from a piece copped from a coupe with some trimming to remove the flap that covers the back of the ski door. The side pieces could probably also be trimmed from those used on a coupe.

The part that covers the divider between the trunk and storage bins is unique to the convertible only, but is just a flat piece attached to a chipboard backing that is velcro'd in place. The part that covers the back wall of the trunk around the latch is identical to the coupes. The molded piece that covers the top stack hinges is entirely unique to tbe convertible, so would have to come from a convertible  parts car.

I have spares of all the coupe trunk carpet pieces in clean condition that could be trimmed for use if interested. I could probably even be persuaded to pre-trim them using my own convertible for the templates. The floor piece has serging around the edges that would be lost where it was trimmed, but probably not visible once installed. Finding the actual parts from a convertible will not be easy or cheap.

Guest loupet

Thanks guys for your response. KDirk, If the trunk piece is the same color as the convertible storage area I can use it. I`m going to cut it up and glue it to the inside of the convertible storage compartment. If you can email me a picture of the color and, the price, I would appreciate it. Thanks  loujpet@yahoo.com

Edited by loupet (see edit history)

I want to be sure we are both talking about the same piece. There is charcoal  grey trunk carpeting that extends from the trunk floor into the area where the top stows when retracted. I think it is all one piece from the trunk to the divider wall behind the seats and storage bins. There is matching formed carpeting on the sides and rear wall of the trunk, and a flat piece attached to the backside of the divider wall, forward of where the top folds into place for storage.

Dave was speaking of a carpet trim piece that matches the cars interior color and covers the painted portion of the tonneau cover (inside the rear window) when the top is up. This attaches to points on the top stack, and is not in the trunk/top storage area but within the passenger area.  I will look at my convertible closer and see if I can sort out better which piece you want but may need to send some pictures along to get clarification. If it is trunk carpeting, I have plenty of extra pieces from cars I parted out, so that will be no problem.

Will send a pm so you can call me and maybe we can make better sense of it on the phone.