'54 Ford 239 fuel pump and related questions

Frantz

I have a '54 239 Customline with auto transmission. The fuel pump is the combo style but it looks like some were just a fuel pump. What called for the combo pumps vs just a fuel pump?

Also... I picked up a spare 239 that is an EBU block (so not the '55 truck only 239 version). Two differences I noticed are on the intake the vacuum port has two connections rather than just one on my installed motor. Carb does have the dash pot (which my car is lacking but I was told it was part of the auto trans package). Also, the motor is a bluish color rather than the ivory I'm familiar with. Any thoughts there? I was thinking '54 truck, but most pictures online seem to also show the ivory color except for the option 256, but that would be EBY from what I see on the Y block page.

I know plenty can happen in 60 years, but I'm trying to gather an understanding of what I come across, what to keep, and what to pass on to the next guy.

The combo pump pumps fuel and also is booster pump for the vacuum wipers.  Supposedly it stops the wipers from slowing down or stopping on hard acceleration.